• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New ass end on the landy

Matt

Site Owner
Staff member
The time as come for me to spend some cash on the landrover :rofl:..... Again :D

been mulling over my options on if is should sell it and buy another ...... but after having the engine redone last year ive decided to keep it and invest in it ...

so will be ordering 1 of these in the next 2 weeks :eek:

DISCOVERY HALF CHASSIS

should future proof the old girl :D keep her going for another 20 yrs

just got to save up the £500 to get it fitted after its been to "FATHERS WORK SHOP" to be anti rust treated

I sold my defender as it needed a new chassis , not economically viable for me when I factored in professional labour and the £1000 for the chassis ☹️

36798C8C-6E3F-4BA1-BC02-3D060116B7A8.jpeg

1587053727321.png

Makes sense mate.

You have invested a lot of time and money in her......and in the grand scheme of things its not a lot of money to keep her going for a goodly more few years :thumbsup:
Will you do the work yourself mucker?

so just bit the bullet and hit the button on the order :eek: ..... should be here in a few days :thumbsup:

wasnt going to order it for a few more weeks but they have a discount code which runs out tomorrow ... 15% off :rofl: so saved £84 :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Didn't realise it was such a large section. Many years ago I replaced the back cross member on my late Series 2A , but that was an easy job. Just angle grind through the chassis about 3 inches forward of the cross member and weld the new part in place. I only had to unbolt the tow hook assembly and put it on the new cross piece and then paint it. Took a morning I recall.
freeman015.jpg

Attachments

• freeman015.jpg
    freeman015.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 15
Didn't realise it was such a large section. Many years ago I replaced the back cross member on my late Series 2A , but that was an easy job. Just angle grind through the chassis about 3 inches forward of the cross member and weld the new part in place. I only had to unbolt the tow hook assembly and put it on the new cross piece and then paint it. Took a morning I recall.
freeman015.jpg

mine will be 3 days work as need to strip the rear axle and drop the fuel tank :thumbsup:

SO a quick update on this :rolleyes:.... after hitting the button to order the part needed i was told i would get an email with the cost of shipping :thumbsup:

this morning the email arrived :eek: ... they wanted me to pay another £120 shipping cost,s on top of the near on £600 already paid :eek::eek::eek:.after 5 mins thought i called them and told them to "foxtrot Oscar " and told them they were ripping me off !!!!! so i shall get a refund of monies paid with in 3-5 working days when i will then order from a different retailer :thumbsup:

Is it Galvanised coated Matt?
If it is.... Brush on some Mordent solution to kill the salts and key the metal for paint...... Will just flake off otherwise buddy.

" mine will be 3 days work as need to strip the rear axle and drop the fuel tank :thumbsup: "

Blimey! That's major surgery.. :thumbsup:

SO a quick update on this :rolleyes:.... after hitting the button to order the part needed i was told i would get an email with the cost of shipping :thumbsup:

this morning the email arrived :eek: ... they wanted me to pay another £120 shipping cost,s on top of the near on £600 already paid :eek::eek::eek:.after 5 mins thought i called them and told them to "foxtrot Oscar " and told them they were ripping me off !!!!! so i shall get a refund of monies paid with in 3-5 working days when i will then order from a different retailer :thumbsup:
I don’t know if you already have a supplier in mind but it might be worth checking out Rimmer Bros over our way. I’ve not had a Landy for over 10 years but when I did they were always

Back