• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New boots

My Meindl Dovre Extreme hiking boots have been great, totally waterproof if you look after them and keep up with the proofing...the only downside is that the soles seem to be wearing quite quickly. Theyre comfortable out of the box great support and they're also crampon compatible. A tad dear at £260 but the feet get what the feet want.

Last edited:
Altberg have a few choices that come in under budget but I'd save up the extra for a pair of the Velt-hog

must be 100% water proof...full leather ...

recommendations please guys :thumbsup:
I have two pairs and it very much depends on the terrain my karimoors are brilliant for sun of the mill walking but if the walking is rough it has to be my Peter Storm boots which have a much stiffer sole

Lowa or scarpa would be my choice; I’ve got both and they’re brilliant.

got a pair of Lowa,s but they are coming to the end of their life .:(....been thinking about getting the same again as they are very comfy and have stayed water proof for over 5 yrs ...but thought would see what everyone else has got before i make the choice :cool:

I was issued with these many moons ago. They have been resoled numberous times over the years but they are still waterproof, at least, long wet grass, quick dip crossing streams etc: I wouldn't go wading in them though.
Probably not the spec you want because they have small side panels of Goretex or similar material but they're 85% leather uppers and I've just polished them as if they were all leather. Never had any problems. American, made by Danner.

P1040802.jpg

I had a pair of Danner Elk, I loved those boots but they're now like rocking horse poo in this country.

Matt, do you really need boots these days? Boots are very out of fashion for many people hiking unless your in the hills (perhaps).

Back