• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New bushcraft buddy

Jon the Short Haired pointer would be a great dog too! My wife was raised with them. Like Mike says, let your girl grow a bit before neutering her. You shouldn't have the same problems of teenage aggression that a boy would have and you want her fully grown before you spay her.

Like Skye, The Boy was done at 18 months (or about 38 kg). He was getting a bit bullish with other male dogs if we took him to town. The change after he was done was incredible...

Good luck with your new bush companion. Cant wait to see pics of her...

Alan

As long as you leave it long enough, they recommend leaving large breeds intact until they’re around two so they’re fully developed. The only reason that we had Skye done at 18 months was that he was starting with teenage stroppiness. No joke in a 55kilo dog
55kg! What breed is Skye? Shetland pony?

Jon the Short Haired pointer would be a great dog too! My wife was raised with them. Like Mike says, let your girl grow a bit before neutering her. You shouldn't have the same problems of teenage aggression that a boy would have and you want her fully grown before you spay her.

Like Skye, The Boy was done at 18 months (or about 38 kg). He was getting a bit bullish with other male dogs if we took him to town. The change after he was done was incredible...

Good luck with your new bush companion. Cant wait to see pics of her...

Alan
Morning Alan, my labrador is going to be spayed at the end of next month which will be 3 months after her first season as recommended by the vet

Here's a picture of Skye.
IMG_20220501_133800_BURST002.jpg

Back