• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New Camping Gear

Cavatina

Very Addicted
Got my new tent today. JCR Contact 2 man Bivvy (£145). Great Carp folding chair/bed, really comfy. (£79). 2 burner and grill cooker (£34) Two mountain Sleeping Bags 4 seasons (£59 ea), plus Heater (£20) and other bits and pieces. Getting some pans of Bigzitt, so hopefully all now sorted for the February Bushbash. This camping lark is almost as expensive as shooting. But what a great way to spend your money. On Friday bought a Gobi 4 tent which looked really good, but when I got it home I couldn't believe the size. Like a bleeding hotel. Anyway rang "Go Outdoors" this morning and they were very helpful. Took my tent back and the manager spent nearly an hour with me discussing camping equipment and which was the most suitable gear for my shooting persuits. Can only compliment the staff at "Go Outdoors. Geoff:hp-beer:

Was that cooker no good then Geoff ???

Yes brilliant, but missus went mad at "Go Outdoors" and said I'd need more than two burners plus a grill, so she got me this adapter which will feed my cooker and your cooker together and my gas fridge all at the same time. So I can have plenty of hot food and plenty of cold beers. I'm hoping to build a wooden stand which I can fit both cookers into. It'll be like an Arger by the time I'm finished. I do like my home comforts. And there's still room in the tent for two. Geoff. :hp-beer::hp-beer:.

geoff you have made one good buy there mate with the bivvy tent and carp bed as this is what they are made for, cold bone biteing weather .. i used to sleep on just my lazy boy bed chair with my nash indulgence bag in all weathers , i can remember one january morning when all the guys where in there tents crying and i was layd up watching the sun rise and the ice on my line (thats the life) warm as toast;)

Steve, The carp bed has built in mattress about inch and a half thick, with my Mountain 4 seasons sleeping bag (2 off), will I need any thermal insulation, or will what I've bought do????????. Geoff. (Oh, I'll have a bottle of Famous Grouse just in case it snows!!!!!. ).:hp-beer:

they do suggest not to bother with the bed chairs' but if it's not a thermal mattress on there i would get a little one on the safe side,,, you will sleep better then most at the bushy mate as thats what the chairs are made for... you can buy the chairs with built in sleeping bags some of them have temperature range down to comfort -10c , extrme -20c

Back