• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

new cup!!!

About time you got a new mug that thing you were using is alive :) maybe it walked away :)

I recently got the BCB version of this cook set.

The cup is ACE :)

The stove is, imo... erm... not so ace :eek:But, I would be interested to know what you make of the stove when you get it.

I recently got the BCB version of this cook set.

The cup is ACE :)

The stove is, imo... erm... not so ace :eek:But, I would be interested to know what you make of the stove when you get it.

i hadn't planed on even using the stove was just after the cup ....but will give it a wirl next weekend when we are out

If you use the stove out of the wind with a solid fuel tab, then it is like using a hexi stove, minimal windshielding but it is ok for making a brew. If you use the gel fuel the stove is geared towards, you will need at least two gel fuel sachets to boil water (in approx. nine mins) but if there is even the slightest breeze, then without a makeshift windshield, you might struggle to get water to a roiling boil.

I got one as I thought it might be handy for making a brew/having a cup a soup when out a wandering, as it is meant to nest with the Cru cup and 58P waterbottle. And it kind of is, as it does save a lot of space in my pack, but it could nest together better. There is a good thumbs width air gap between the base of the cup and top of the fuel ring, due to the cup stand on the stove being wider than the handles on the cup. Also, when nested it doesn't hold together so well, a little 90 degree bend at the end of the stand support, would clip the stove to the cup and provide a bit of stability when in transit, but it doesn't have one.

These are niggles really and when I get around to pulling my finger out, I'll modify the stand support so that it all nests more snugly and clips together in transit.

The cup is grand though, it is bigger than most other army canteens (I believe it is meant to be deep enough to heat a ration pack in) it is solidly made and bounces when dropped, rather than denting easily. And the best bit, for me, it has an exaggerated lip, which as apparently so designed, so the cup can be used to boil water and then drank from, without having to transfer the boiled water to another cup (I was a bit dubious at first, but you can boil a brews worth of water, pour in your brew concoction, stir and then drink straight from the cup - without burning the skin off your lips- BONUS).

I am very pleased with the cup and I think you will be too. You might also get on better with the stove than I do. I hope it serves you well.

got me new cup and used it all weekend :)...haven't tried it with the stove that came with it yet but will keep you guys posted on how it go,s

Back