• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New design Folding firebox

38thfoot

Very Addicted
Saw an advert on faceache earlier which I now can’t find for a different design of firebox.

It looked like a hexagonal based pyramid with the top chopped off to make a conical structure with the pot balanced on top.

I’ve done a google search and trawled back through faceache but has anyone else seen the advert?

Cheers

I've seen this type of thing on Chinese websites, but I'm not able to say if it's the one on Face Book as I'm not ordained as a member of that illustrious congregation..
wood-stove.jpg

Attachments

• wood-stove.jpg
    wood-stove.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Haha
Reactions: lol
Explopur on Amazon, around £10 including delivery....I have no personal experience of them but the idea seems sound as long as the base of your cooking pot is big enough

I have one of the original ones made from titanium, they work well enough, I would suggest taking a hair grip or piece of thin wire to put through the last panel were it closes on the stand, they have a tendency to open sometimes.

20170128_143207.jpg

Saw an advert on faceache earlier which I now can’t find for a different design of firebox.

It looked like a hexagonal based pyramid with the top chopped off to make a conical structure with the pot balanced on top.

I’ve done a google search and trawled back through faceache but has anyone else seen the advert?

Cheers

Know nothing of them mate and taking this off on a tangent so I apologise. Isn't it funny the targeted adverts you get ? The vast majority of mine are for outdoorsy stuff although I did get one for bras and stuff recently, guess it lets me know what the missus has been looking at. She's pointed out stuff that she's been targeted with that was inspired by my searches too.

similar but different, took one of these out for a go today:

rover-camel-ti-stove_w450.jpeg

roughly 14cm on a side at the base, 230ish grams in the carry case, breaks down to 5 flat plates plus 2 trivet bars.
bit of a fiddle to assemble but not at all difficult and will take seconds once i'm used to it.
burns like a house on fire! gather your wood before hand because once it's under way it gobbles the wood.
£25ish on fleabay.

Back