• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New goodies

herzog

Quite Talkative
Bought these in the last couple weeks,Looking forward to my first solo night out pretty soon if all goes well :D

imgur: the simple image sharer

Alpkit pipedream 400 sleeping bag
Hunka bivi bag
3X3 DD tarp

Wish me luck :D

Any advice for my first solo camp?

I can recommend the tarp great bit of kit, dont forget to take pictures on you night out.

Have a nice time mate keep us up to date when you come back on what you did etc,,,,,,,,where you off to any nice part of the country?

Nice one. Just remember to set up in a sheltered spot, you'll have a hell of a night otherwise. Keep your tarp low too and the lower side into the wind firmly anchored and covered with leaf litter, to stop the draughts.

You probably know this but its there just in case. :)

I can recommend the tarp great bit of kit, dont forget to take pictures on you night out.

Will do :D after all, Pics of it didn't happen. Got to have proof!

Have a nice time mate keep us up to date when you come back on what you did etc,,,,,,,,where you off to any nice part of the country?

Cheers :) I'n not going anywhere special, just nearby Plymouth still.

I was thinking of testing out the local woods at some point around plymouth , will need a good hobo stove first as no open fires

I often head out towards shaugh prior way. I know its not ideal but I'm limited to how far i can get on my bike in a reasonable time: no car you see :(

You can still go the day without seeing anyone else though, so its not all bad.

One bit of advice mate, let someone know where "EXACTLY" you are going, and that you will call at a certain time, that way if the worst happens then people know where to come to help!!!!!

One bit of advice mate, let someone know where "EXACTLY" you are going, and that you will call at a certain time, that way if the worst happens then people know where to come to help!!!!!

Good advice there, thanks. Will do :)

I'll see if i can't find it on google earth.

I often head out towards shaugh prior way. I know its not ideal but I'm limited to how far i can get on my bike in a reasonable time: no car you see :(

You can still go the day without seeing anyone else though, so its not all bad.
do you camp buy the lagone there ? i spent alot of time im them woods as a child

do you camp buy the lagone there ? i spent alot of time im them woods as a child

Well i haven't been camping there yet :p Just day trips out. this will be my first wild camp. I do like shaugh prior. It's just far enough away so people don't come along and leave a mess everywhere like they do at Plymbridge.

I wondered if you were one of those hardcore types, who sleeps on rocks and laughs at discomfort :)

As I'm softcore and need a bit of comfort cushioning between my back and the ground, I've been looking into getting a bigger/better sleep mat to go with my Czech bed roll. I currently have a Gelert ultralight, which goes well with mummy bags and is ok with the bed roll, but as the bed roll allows you to move about, you can wake up half on the mat, half off it in the morning, which is not ideal.

Anyway, I fella I know has one of these:

POLISH ARMY SLEEPING MAT
Polish_sleeping_mat.jpg
£14.99
Polish Army sleeping Mat - Camping - Sleeping - Camp Beds / Mats - Polish Army sleeping Mat - MilitaryMart.co.uk ( HoodsUK )

It isn't a lightweight bit of kit, so it isn't very impractical for hiking all day then wild camping at night. But this fella says it is like sleeping on bed. So if you have a car, a bike or a canoe to get you to where you're camping, then it might be worth a look, for future reference?

Good luck on your adventure :)

Attachments

• Polish_sleeping_mat.jpg
    Polish_sleeping_mat.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 205
I wondered if you were one of those hardcore types, who sleeps on rocks and laughs at discomfort :)

Well We'll see how it goes after this one :p Maybe I'll turn out to be one of those hardcore types after all.

It isn't a lightweight bit of kit, so it isn't very impractical for hiking all day then wild camping at night. But this fella says it is like sleeping on bed. So if you have a car, a bike or a canoe to get you to where you're camping, then it might be worth a look, for future reference?

Good luck on your adventure :)

Looks pretty good :) But not for now as I'm going to be walking/on my bike.

Thanks very much :D

Back