• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New hobby

Woodlander

Very Addicted
Hi folks, it's been a while........
I'm back with a new lease of life and a new hobby. Canoeing.

Due to life getting in the way, I decided to give up on bushcrafting, but as much as I wanted to give up on the wilderness, it keeps calling and won't give up on me!

So I'm back, but I'm going to be mainly stealth camping on the waterways, at least that's my intention anyway!

So this coming Saturday, I'm off on an overnighter with my very good friend @Outspand to pick up my canoe at the same time.

She is a 16ft Old town, unsure of model, but she's all ship shape and ready to hit the water.

Catch up with updates and pics soon

All the best
Jon

Hi folks, it's been a while........
I'm back with a new lease of life and a new hobby. Canoeing.

Due to life getting in the way, I decided to give up on bushcrafting, but as much as I wanted to give up on the wilderness, it keeps calling and won't give up on me!

So I'm back, but I'm going to be mainly stealth camping on the waterways, at least that's my intention anyway!

So this coming Saturday, I'm off on an overnighter with my very good friend @Outspand to pick up my canoe at the same time.

She is a 16ft Old town, unsure of model, but she's all ship shape and ready to hit the water.

Catch up with updates and pics soon

All the best
Jon
Have done a bit of canoe camping myself , it’s a great way to a travel , camp and access the wilderness 🫡👍

I wish you all the best with it Jono. As jealous as I am of your new hobby I recognise that canoeing is no longer the life for me with a duff knee and a duff shoulder. I can’t sit still or kneel long enough and paddling for hours is definitely not on the cards.

I wish you all the best with it Jono. As jealous as I am of your new hobby I recognise that canoeing is no longer the life for me with a duff knee and a duff shoulder. I can’t sit still or kneel long enough and paddling for hours is definitely not on the cards.
She's got seats, and if I get a kayak paddle, passengers won't have to paddle. Planning on eventually getting a little electric outboard for her too, on thise days where i cant be arsed 😁. Naming her Saolotoga.

scot 6.jpg

Good stuff Jon :thumbsup:

Nice first camp and paddle.......with a hearty meal at the end of it.......stew looks awesome :thumbsup:

Look forward to reading more posts.... and seeing more pictures of your outings :)

Back