• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New kit?

Matt Mac

Extremely Talkative
Hi guys
Post a picture and a back story of your most recent addition to your kit.
IMG_20161219_232449317.jpg
this is mine. 2000 luminous. Bought it online from survivalistdepot. Only 30usd
I thought it was a concatbfirstvbut works a treat. Cheers

Not brought anything for a while, last item was. . . . . Fire rods to make some antler fire strikes

Morning Mac........trying it out in the garden this morning then lol ???
Haha I wish, family central here lol.
Here i one of the things i can recommend you, one like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SILKY-GOMBO...485980?hash=item3ad38f489c:g:J-sAAOSwImRYPAPi

I have one with medium teeth and very happy with.

...and here is my new piece of kit:

A 0,5L inox cup.

That looks great mate, I've got the Laplander saw. Love the cup too.

i have the same tarp great for communal areas

View attachment 8525
Hopefully IL get a chance to put it up before Christmas but I doubt it haha.

I've treated myself to a ka bar usmc in the leather and leather version. Had most of the iconic blades over the years, but never this one. So it will be used for everything that a small holder needs a tool with an edge for.
No silly pull ups over branches, no battening into concrete blocks or aluminum pipe, just skinning, graloching, chopping, splitting etc etc. Will be interesting to see how it copes in a real world environment.

I've treated myself to a ka bar usmc in the leather and leather version. Had most of the iconic blades over the years, but never this one. So it will be used for everything that a small holder needs a tool with an edge for.
No silly pull ups over branches, no battening into concrete blocks or aluminum pipe, just skinning, graloching, chopping, splitting etc etc. Will be interesting to see how it copes in a real world environment.
My best knife is probably the one I hand made from an old file but I also use Anglo arms and hultsfors blades which are more than adequate for what they're used for. For heavier work my army issue kukri is more than capable

Oh, now I would love to get my hands on a genuine issue kukri.
Oh, also aught to mention that the ka bar is the full size version.
When I was in my teens, so mid seventies early eighties my grandad gave me a Hitler youth knife, possibly even the real deal, it was a fantastic piece of kit, sadly it got nicked/lost when I was with my ex, what I would give to have that one back! But maybe it's remembered through young rose tinted glasses.

Oh, now I would love to get my hands on a genuine issue kukri.
Oh, also aught to mention that the ka bar is the full size version.
When I was in my teens, so mid seventies early eighties my grandad gave me a Hitler youth knife, possibly even the real deal, it was a fantastic piece of kit, sadly it got nicked/lost when I was with my ex, what I would give to have that one back! But maybe it's remembered through young rose tinted glasses.
I lost the little steel and skinning knife years ago but that big knife is so versatile and very very sharp and all I use is a butchers steel

Back