• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New knife design.

HillBill

Very Addicted
Hi guys.

I've made myself another knife, a new design i've been working on.. Not got time atm to go into all the spiel, and i'll be giving it a proper work out this weekend to see how it performs. Got high hopes for this one :)

Not sure it will be everyones cup of tea, but i like it. :)

Its 3mm 01, Couple of yew offcuts for scales, so theyre a bit different on both sides, and i havent finished the handle up as well as i normally do as its just a prototype/test piece.

What do you think? Comments welcome weather you like it or not :)

P1030647_1024x768_zpsfb934b37.jpg

P1030648_1024x768_zps51d66d35.jpg

P1030649_1024x768_zps4fb32a8f.jpg

P1030651_1024x768_zps298388cd.jpg

P1030650_1024x768_zps18466d11.jpg

P1030652_1024x768_zpsdb9d1f3e.jpg

P1030656_1024x768_zps7e058b8b.jpg

P1030653_1024x768_zpscae16488.jpg

P1030654_1024x768_zps3c78a5b3.jpg

P1030666_1024x768_zps7cb9c0a2.jpg

P1030664_1024x768_zps50f490b5.jpg

P1030667_1024x768_zps5c1fb81a.jpg

P1030661_1024x768_zps83ef690b.jpg

the blade shape's not really my cup of tea, but its nice to see your mxing it up a bit mate rather than staying with the similar designs everyone sticks to. and the craftmanship looks spot on as it always does with your work.

let us know how it performs

the blade shape's not really my cup of tea, but its nice to see your mxing it up a bit mate rather than staying with the similar designs everyone sticks to. and the craftmanship looks spot on as it always does with your work.

let us know how it performs
Same as Elliott says Mark, but as ever the finish is superb :)

Hi Mark.

Different folks.....Different strokes :).......I like it mate.
Blade reminds me of an Eagles beak, haunting...........damn this Cider ;):D

Seriously.....looks very good.

ATB.

Bill.

Exactly what our lass said.... reminds her of an eagle.. i don't see it, still like it though :) Damn this Rum.... :p lol

Cheers mate, its appreciated :)

Its a marmite knife mate :) It works damn well though... been playing with it all weekend, can't fault it in any way. Much better as both a cutter and a general purpose knife than any of the others i do... and they all work well.

Lot of thought went into the design of this one..:)

Hi Mark.

How is that new knife design going down?
Has the response been good for you,................ hope so.

:)

Had a couple of orders mate, it wont take off though until a few folk have and use them and can testify as to how it works.

Not sure what to make of it Mark. The finish looks very good as per normal, bits of the spine remind me of a nessmuk, especially the drop towards the point, but without the depth of the nessmuk blade or the prominent hump. Only using it would tell me how effective it is and I certainly wouldnt write it off on looks (which seem a little confused to me as far as the blade is concerned).

I think any innovation in blade design is always going to be met with a bit of scepticism, I also believe that the skill and knowledge of the user is far more important than the design of the blade itself, as such as long as the grind is good and the steel is treated properly it shouldn't make a great deal of difference in a multi purpose knife.

Fair enough mate :)

I think it looks nice... i love it.. :) Its all design though is the blade, I've been using it for 3 weeks now ( it doesn't look like the pics anymore :D) and have nothing but good things to say about it. It does everything well. As i've said, its a marmite knife for sure. But only on looks. :)

Not sure what to make of it Mark. The finish looks very good as per normal, bits of the spine remind me of a nessmuk, especially the drop towards the point, but without the depth of the nessmuk blade or the prominent hump. Only using it would tell me how effective it is and I certainly wouldnt write it off on looks (which seem a little confused to me as far as the blade is concerned).

I think any innovation in blade design is always going to be met with a bit of scepticism, I also believe that the skill and knowledge of the user is far more important than the design of the blade itself, as such as long as the grind is good and the steel is treated properly it shouldn't make a great deal of difference in a multi purpose knife.

Back