• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New knife

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
Ordered a new knife last night. Fallkniven a1. Been looking for a go to knife for the forest. Search a few hundred reviews on different knifes lol. From cheep to expensive and down right to dear lol. Finally after a year of consideration I went for the A1.

It’s has a convex edge. Vg10 laminated blade. So it will test my sharpening skills.

Anyone had experience with one?

Probably the best clipper style knife you will ever, ever buy, my father :tea: has one.....and I'd better bloody inherit it or there will be trouble. :evilstare:
They're a tad expensive, they even make my K J Ericsson look cheap, is it your birthday or something? Sold the wife and kids into slavery? Inherited a goldmine? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Anyway, should you decide that you don't like it I'd be happy to take it off your hands at a massive discount. ;)

Probably the best clipper style knife you will ever, ever buy, my father :tea: has one.....and I'd better bloody inherit it or there will be trouble. :evilstare:
They're a tad expensive, they even make my K J Ericsson look cheap, is it your birthday or something? Sold the wife and kids into slavery? Inherited a goldmine? :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Anyway, should you decide that you don't like it I'd be happy to take it off your hands at a massive discount. ;)

At a massive discount??? A bet you would;)

More chance the kids and wife would sell me mate :rofl:.

It was a toss up between the A1 or bark rivers bravo. Each as good as the other.. in the end it was the handle (of all things ) that made me choose the A1 as it will function better in the cold weather.

Yep own a Helle Fjellkniven no4, skandi grind-razor sharp, curly Birch handle and good leather sheath. Superb quality, and yes they are expensive but anything made to high quality is.

I'm guessing you're not telling me that because you hate it and can't wait to get rid of it?

Pmsl.....exactly:D but I will show you a picture ystranc lol
0CC0F5D8-96E5-4A67-987C-FE8D9D061108.jpeg

Very very well made knives. I was gifted an F1 a few years ago, lovely blades.

A would agree harry :thumbsup: very pleased with the knife mate. Was think on doing a review on my channel. Will wait a wile and use it more to form an opinion first.

F1 looks a great knife. Mite take a punt at it next year

Well what can I say! Been out a few times to the woods to use the knife. My opinion it’s spot on cuts well....weighted well...handle is comfortable even after extensive use also it hold a good edge. Rather happy :D

Back