• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New laws around mobile phone use for drivers

A thousand pound fine, Have you heard of what is called the big four in fatal accidents? Speed, Drink driving, Drugged driving and Mobile phones.
So yes hit them with a big fine but then go the extra mile and confiscate the phone for lets say 28 days. Hit the offenders who are mainly the under 30's where it's going to really hurt

Simple answer, my phone travels in the glove compartment or boot and works hands free.
One of the big four used to be lighting a cigarette while driving. You would be amazed at the number of RTAs in the past where unlit cigarettes were found on the seats or in the footwell. Going from looking ahead to focusing just beyond the tip of your nose and back again takes longer as we get older and our eyes react more slowly.
Mobile phones require a similar focal adjustment and command a lot more attention for a longer period of time but still some people just don’t seem to to believe the law applies to them.
I would go further with this legislation, if a driver proves untrustworthy either by using a mobile, drink driving or drugs then it should be a ban, instant and permanent. If one of the shooters on this forum was found to have been reckless or dangerous with a firearm then they would almost certainly be permanently banned from owning firearms under section 21. Driving a car is just as much of a privilege and potentially just as dangerous, best not abuse that privilege.

Last edited:
Only time I can see my phone in the car is if I'm using it as satnsv. Other than that it's usually in my pocket.
To many near misses when I first had one and was doing a lot of driving.

Back