• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New member (based in France)

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
Greeting and happy easter to all. and be very wary of any posts today being April the 1st

Hey medwayman welcome,hope to hear more of you in the posts bud.

Should introduce myself a bit more. single man no kids (thankfully!!) turning 42 on the 17th and am new to the preppers way of thinking, it all started when that "Krazy Korean" as I like to call him was getting just a bit too trigger happy, heard about prepping a few years back and thought not a bad thing to do so here I am.

I'm starting with just the basic camping out at first then will look more into learning more survival skills AKA bushcrafts. As it says I am based in France in the Finistere region and I do think that from a Geographical point of view I am very lucky because I think that I am in one of the safest parts of Europe (see attached photo). Also have been growing my own veg for the last 3 years anyway and have learnt a bit on the way.

preppers.png

Its a very rural location, I don't drive never have and the nearest shop is an hours walk, if and when the SHTF and mass panic and migration occurs there is absolutely no reason for anybody to come in this direction unless of course, they want to swim to the states, I will be posting a bit in the growing veg section over the next few months as I have just started this year's crop. All the best and stay prepared

Hello from another gardener. l haven't even started growing anything yet this year as it's been so cold. There was snow in the air today but nothing lying. l hope the weather warms up soon as l'm itching to get out there. l like the look of your sheltered beds (in the photo elsewhere on this forum). My veg plot is between a derelict barn and a new barn left over from when this place was a farm, which protects the plants from the worst of the wind here.

Hello Barbara. Sheltered beds do make a lot of difference when it comes to growing crops like for example, broad beans and peas, the wind can do a lot of damage and damage the crop yield quite a lot, been very cold here in France lots of frost that did in fact kill off a few pea plants

Back