• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New Member located in Plymouth

RunSilentRunDeep

Extremely Talkative
Hi all,
just joined yesterday as such thought it a good and polite thing to introduce myself and what im all about to a point no-one wants to hear my life story eh!haha.
My name is Daniel 'Shadz' Shadbolt, im 29 and originally from Barnsley in South Yorkshire. Joined the Royal Navy in 2003 and hence my subsequent relocation to Plymouth as i am a Submariner in the Marine Engineering branch.
Prior to joining up i was heavily into airgunning and hunting whatever i could get my scope onto.
Since ive joined i sold my airguns and for the last 11 n a bit years been meaning to get back into it again. Finally i have!!
A couple of weeks ago i bought myself a 2013 .22 tactical BSA Ultra Multishot complete with sound moderator, scope and bipod plus all ancilliary equipment needed for airgunning with a PCP! Also a BSA 6 gun with internal ammo locker for the future in gaining FAC and Shotgun. All from The Gun Room in Ivybridge, very friendly, helpful and extremely knowledgable :) happy days!
However now i need somewhere to shoot the thing as my backgarden is going to be like swiss cheese in no time and theres only so many paper targets i can shoot at 15 metres!haha.
I have also become a member of the BASC so i am now fully insured should anyone allow me to shoot on their land!
I have emailed several different local clubs regarding membership and am awaiting responses! should anyone know of any rough ground or land owners that would be agreeable to myself shooting/pest controlling please let me know! im also happy to tag along with anyone on their shoots should they fancy a shooting buddy, i play well with others promise! haha.
ok well so much for not spouting my life story! :D haha well thats me pretty much, anyone wanting to know more or get in touch regards shooting or the such feel free to message me :)
have a nice day and i look forward to being a contributing member to the site.

Shadz

Hi all,
just joined yesterday as such thought it a good and polite thing to introduce myself and what im all about to a point no-one wants to hear my life story eh!haha.
My name is Daniel 'Shadz' Shadbolt, im 29 and originally from Barnsley in South Yorkshire. Joined the Royal Navy in 2003 and hence my subsequent relocation to Plymouth as i am a Submariner in the Marine Engineering branch.
Prior to joining up i was heavily into airgunning and hunting whatever i could get my scope onto.
Since ive joined i sold my airguns and for the last 11 n a bit years been meaning to get back into it again. Finally i have!!
A couple of weeks ago i bought myself a 2013 .22 tactical BSA Ultra Multishot complete with sound moderator, scope and bipod plus all ancilliary equipment needed for airgunning with a PCP! Also a BSA 6 gun with internal ammo locker for the future in gaining FAC and Shotgun. All from The Gun Room in Ivybridge, very friendly, helpful and extremely knowledgable :) happy days!
However now i need somewhere to shoot the thing as my backgarden is going to be like swiss cheese in no time and theres only so many paper targets i can shoot at 15 metres!haha.
I have also become a member of the BASC so i am now fully insured should anyone allow me to shoot on their land!
I have emailed several different local clubs regarding membership and am awaiting responses! should anyone know of any rough ground or land owners that would be agreeable to myself shooting/pest controlling please let me know! im also happy to tag along with anyone on their shoots should they fancy a shooting buddy, i play well with others promise! haha.
ok well so much for not spouting my life story! :D haha well thats me pretty much, anyone wanting to know more or get in touch regards shooting or the such feel free to message me :)
have a nice day and i look forward to being a contributing member to the site.

Shadz

Welcome aboard!

I'd certainly recommend putting in some serious time at a local range first.

To hunt/control pests humanely and successfully, you'll need to get in enough practice so you're comfortable hitting one-inch targets at any range you're likely to be hunting at. Range time will also tell you what the limitations of your rifle are for hunting in terms of shot count and accuracy, and you'll also need to experiment with various pellets to determine the most accurate ammo in the gun.

When you're confident in your equipment and your skill level, then it'll be time to start knocking on doors and seeing who needs help with pest control, and your results will speak for themselves, which will help when applying for other permissions.

Thanks coypu appreciate the warm welcome and the guidance from a fellow enthusiast! :) ive been and purchased some target pellets for use at a club im hoping to join this coming week at yealmpton spoke to couple people and they seem good chaps and friendly enough so fingers crossed all goes well and ill be plinking til the cows come home for the near future. Although the 20 yard or so backgarden seems to be doing me fairly well at present popping bulls nearly all the time so looks like a bit of polishing and advice and ill be back on form again in no time! :D famous last words eh! Haha.

Hi and welcome to AS Shadz and nice introduction.;) Like you I only have 20 yards in the back garden, which is not really enough, but I use it mostly for plinking with my HW95.:D That said it really is nice to get to the range and shoot at distance. It seems that your absence hasn't dulled your skills and hopefully you will have membership to a shooting club to be able to test your skills at greater distances.

Back