• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New Pack needed.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Having sold my monster MOD PLCE Burgun a while back 110 ltrs volume..... if memory serves me right....I have found myself needing a pack with a bit more versatility and volume to what I have here now.......but not too large.......a happy medium.
Have decided to go with the "Snugpack Rocket Pack" 70 Ltrs in all......and 40 Ltrs without the pouches attached.
Don't think I will bother with the yoke.
By having a bit more space it will mean I will not need to cram everything into the pack and can work more comfortably and efficiently.....having the side pouches and top pockets will make storing and finding bits n bobs far easier without emptying half the pack to get to them.
I like the design and features of the pack too.

A bit of blurb here.

Hope its a good fit for your back mate. I seem to be taking my Crusader more and more, even if I'm not filling it. One reason is when packing up, you're not having to tactically squeeze stuff in the smaller bags, you can just pile it in. Let us know how you go with it.

Hope its a good fit for your back mate. I seem to be taking my Crusader more and more, even if I'm not filling it. One reason is when packing up, you're not having to tactically squeeze stuff in the smaller bags, you can just pile it in. Let us know how you go with it.

Exactly that Bam :thumbsup: ......and will do mate:)

Think it will cover a lot of bases and situations Mark :)

True buddy and it looks good, win win. Might have bought a day bag myself 🤫 wisport ranger. Second hand tho, made an offer on it and got it. Will do me for 1 night stays or just a day yomp.

New bag new shelter, you are spoiled bill :D rightly so lol. Looking forward to the reviews yi Ken

Having worn a variety of military designed/derived packs for the best part of thirty years I still believe they are a compromise for non military use.

A civi pack will generally be better specified, especially the all important back system. Military designs are made to be worn with webbing and in some cases body armour. Ironically with a lot of “tactical” designs you are paying a premium for the “coolness” factor that is not justified.

it is at the end of the day your money and choice but I’d go for a civi pack every time.

Interesting point of view 38.

I too have worn military packs.......58 pattern.... plus the webbing you speak of......48 years ago.
So.....I have little to no interest in looking cool.....I chose the pack for its versatility and size......not to look like "Johnny Rambo" :rofl:
I will definitely not be yomping for miles like some are able to.....just cant do it anymore.
So this Military designed/ Derived pack will be perfect for the job I need it for.....both size and capacity.

I do have a few Civi packs that would be far better suited to hiking.........no where near as versatile as the "Snugpack" though.;)

Having worn a variety of military designed/derived packs for the best part of thirty years I still believe they are a compromise for non military use.

A civi pack will generally be better specified, especially the all important back system. Military designs are made to be worn with webbing and in some cases body armour. Ironically with a lot of “tactical” designs you are paying a premium for the “coolness” factor that is not justified.

it is at the end of the day your money and choice but I’d go for a civi pack every time.

I've got a load of civvy rucksacks and some are brilliant, especially for a couple days up the hills. I find the Crusader while heavy (a baw hair short of 3kg) is very comfy on my back and can fit oddles in. I did feel a bit self conscious when I first started wearing it as it looks 'military' but that passed. Its my fave bag now for anything longer than a day walk especially if I'm doing bushcrafty/wild camping stuff where weight isn't such an issue.

I know what you mean about the 'tacticool' look, its something I try to avoid but each to their own.

Happy to report that the Snug- pack Rocket Pack has arrived. :)
With a 70 ltr capacity it gives a little bit more room to work from in comfort...... without the need to squeeze kit into every crevice under pressure.
The side pouches and top lid pockets make compartmentalising different kit nice and easy.......and will save emptying half the pack to get to....or find something.
Although my Snug-Pack Sleeka Force 35 is a comfortable pack.....it is just too much of a squeeze to get what I want into it.......but still a good day bag.

Had a good look over the pack and as stated in the video the quality and materials/zips are not bad for the price point.
Still got a poorly paw here :rolleyes:....but managed to just throw a load of kit in it and slip it onto my back.
It sits well and feels comfortable.....but a bit of a walk will confirm the comfort levels and stability/loadbearing properly.

With thoughtful and careful loading it should do what I want it to......Happy Days :)

Of course the icing on the cake will be that I will appear very Tacticool and proper Militaryfied when wearing it :sneaky::whistle::rofl:

As soon as the Paw heals I will be out with it for a Bimble :thumbsup:

Nice one Willie, glad it's worked out. A bigger bag is always handy, as you say it's less dicking around finding stuff and if you're out overnight you can just throw every thing in for a quick exit. Let us know how you go with it amigo.

Having sold my monster MOD PLCE Burgun a while back 110 ltrs volume..... if memory serves me right....I have found myself needing a pack with a bit more versatility and volume to what I have here now.......but not too large.......a happy medium.
Have decided to go with the "Snugpack Rocket Pack" 70 Ltrs in all......and 40 Ltrs without the pouches attached.
By having a bit more space it will mean I will not need to cram everything into the pack and can work more comfortably and efficiently.....having the side pouches and top pockets will make storing and finding bits n bobs far easier without emptying half the pack to get to them.

A bit of blurb here.

Looks like a hulluva bag, could tempt me to sell the Alice Pack?

Yeah, but my Alice and LK35 were cheap, no nonsense and robust....and cheap.....I'm way too old to look cool...........I AM cool, lol!! :D :cool:
They were just what I could afford and be robust enough....

Back