• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New Pack needed.

Will do boss!!!
(Although most of my usage won't be carrying long haul......I tend to use the canoe for that! However there is a plan (so cunning a plan, that if you pinned a tail on it, it would be a fox.....) to do a walk out with the same mate...........?)

Had a trial load up....indeed, feeling good and all up weight was less than 15kg, and plenty of space. There'll will be a danger of taking too much stuff possibly?
A rocket pouch will happily take the army trangia, food and odds and sods all together..... Felt good on the back. but I did have the sternum strap on it's longest/widest setting.....I'm big but not green with a ripped shirt........... :rofl:

Let us know how you go with it Teef.

spent the afternoon out getting to know my new (and first) hammock, had a new friend along for the day:

IMG_20200612_154602_2-w600.jpg

gotta say, happy to have it! thanks again lol, you gave me a sweet deal on this and i do appreciate it.
ftr, the pack is noticeably larger all around than the MARPAT pack i mentioned earlier. for my tastes that's a good thing, especially in terms of the external pockets.
the main bucket is surprisingly huge! i sincerely hope that if i ever do actually fill it it won't be with anything heavier than fluffy sleeping gear. :)

It's curious, but Banzai bought (2nd hand), one (a Bergen) as well, and didn't find it or the Rocket Pack sat well at all on the back and both are up for sale as his search continues.............
(I like mine............ :thumbsup:)

spent the afternoon out getting to know my new (and first) hammock, had a new friend along for the day:

View attachment 21847

gotta say, happy to have it! thanks again lol, you gave me a sweet deal on this and i do appreciate it.
ftr, the pack is noticeably larger all around than the MARPAT pack i mentioned earlier. for my tastes that's a good thing, especially in terms of the external pockets.
the main bucket is surprisingly huge! i sincerely hope that if i ever do actually fill it it won't be with anything heavier than fluffy sleeping gear. :)
I saw the picture and my homemade handle (p/cord and gas pipe) jumped out, and I thought, I had one like that!!!!! Doh........

I like that handle! i've braided spiffy p/cord jobbies on my other packs but that gas pipe handle feels a lot nicer in the hand. got a good "devil may care" look about it too. ;)
it's a keeper!

I like that handle! i've braided spiffy p/cord jobbies on my other packs but that gas pipe handle feels a lot nicer in the hand. got a good "devil may care" look about it too. ;)
it's a keeper!
Wow, thank you. :rofl:

Of course that's exactly the look I was after............................

View attachment 21847

Funny looking hammock mate... ;) Pictures of the sleeping set up or it never happened..... :whistle:

:D ok, that's my morning giggle taken care of.

wasn't hammocking for real, just my first ever sling-up to see what it's all about. took me a few tries and my butt in the dirt a couple times but i got there in the end. a little cordage revamping did wonders. finally found a real-life situation where a misspent youth tying knots came in immensely useful. :)

odd thing about hammocks, you get to look up through the trees and watch the clouds roll by. somehow i hadn't anticipated that. happily it's one of my favourite things to do in the woods -- see previous reference to misspent youth.

:D ok, that's my morning giggle taken care of.

wasn't hammocking for real, just my first ever sling-up to see what it's all about. took me a few tries and my butt in the dirt a couple times but i got there in the end. a little cordage revamping did wonders. finally found a real-life situation where a misspent youth tying knots came in immensely useful. :)

odd thing about hammocks, you get to look up through the trees and watch the clouds roll by. somehow i hadn't anticipated that. happily it's one of my favourite things to do in the woods -- see previous reference to misspent youth.

I've still to give the swinging a go, I'm a ground dweller although I will get round to it at some point.

I went wild camp/ canoeing a couple of weeks ago with someone tree dwelling. Neither he nor I (the rigmarole setting up, then getting in and out) were that impressed, so he has just bought a new ultra lightweight tent. I have my tarp..................

Reactions: Bam
Back