• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

new pellets

Matt

Site Owner
Staff member
So ive been struggling with the accuracy of my rifle over the longer distances 50+ yards :rolleyes:

ive decided to give the heavier pellets a try :thumbsup: gone for the good old faith full bisley magnums in ,177 flavour ... gone for the 4,52 as i remember the BSA barrels like the snugger fit :) ... will need to get my eye in with the hold over as these are a tad heavier than what ive been using

I'm a big fan of using heavier pellets when you are zeroed on the right range shooting from a hide but they make it a damn site more difficult to hunt with if you have to estimate range. It's probably only my opinion but the only redeeming feature of a .177 is its flatter trajectory.

Most of the HFT and FT competitors shoot with an 8.5 grain pellet as they are less prone to wind movement than the 7.5 grain I normally use. The Bisley magnum is I think 10.5 grains so heavier still. It is the choice when checking power output on sub 12 ftlbs as it shows a higher power output on a PCP. They use a lighter pellet to test spring guns as they show higher power output with a lighter pellet.

Try jsb heavies as well, I use the 8.4 exacts in my bsa scorpion and find them to group well out to 55yds. I know a lot of people who shoot the heavy version with good results, some say they find they take less wind as well.

Back