• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New phone

Ark79

Site Manager
Waiting on the arrival of my new phone..... as I dropped my one last night :( bloody angry with myself as I was as sober as a judge:rofl: 3 and a half hour on the phone with the provider and apple trying to switch of my .. find your iPhone app .. apparently I couldn’t get a new phone sent out until it was switched of lol so after Being passed about to call handles like a prison scud book I finally got a manager who sorted the hole problem out in about 5 min:D .new phone should be here today at some point. What an experience. I won’t mention who the provider is however I will say that EE customer service is pish full of numptys and have a go bams:whistle:

Glad you got it sorted in the end Mark.......what a palaver :rolleyes: :(

Are you getting the same model or something different?

Bloody butter fingers :whistle::rofl:;)

Sorry to hear it mate, I think all the providers are much of a muchness to be honest. I have had a one man boycott of Three for over 10 years, loved the phone package but spat my dummy over the call centre 'service'.

Hope it arrives promptly, its amazing how quickly we've become dependent on mobile phones.

Half the time I leave mine on the side or in the kitchen :D hardly ever carry it around with me unless I am shooting or fishing somewhere........or in the woods.
Pain in the arse they are :sneaky:

Half the time I leave mine on the side or in the kitchen :D hardly ever carry it around with me unless I am shooting or fishing somewhere........or in the woods.
Pain in the arse they are :sneaky:

I've gone the other way, I have mine whenever I leave the house, use it all the time, maybe not to phone but check in on here and my football forums, listen to podcasts etc. I love being able to do my banking at any time, stuff like that. I even carry a slim powerbank in my wallet in case it runs low.

Fair play Bam :thumbsup:

Whatever works, I resisted for a while when everyone was getting mobiles, then wasn't interested in a smart phone but I did eventually 'get with the programme'. I was blissfully happy without one back in the day and I daresay I'd get used to it again and one of the things I love about getting away is no phone/broadband.

Whatever works, I resisted for a while when everyone was getting mobiles, then wasn't interested in a smart phone but I did eventually 'get with the programme'. I was blissfully happy without one back in the day and I daresay I'd get used to it again and one of the things I love about getting away is no phone/broadband.

I feel and felt pretty much the same mate.......different when I was working.......joined at the hip....maybe why I like being pretty much free of it now :D

I've also got a new phone Mark but mine was an annual upgrade, I went for a Samsung galaxy S9, light years ahead of the apple core that Wendy uses

Heard a lot of good things about Samsung joe. Good phone that mate. Will decide if I will change over when I’m upgrading

Just to toss in my tuppence worth on the phone debate. I've never been into Apple stuff but my missus is. I've had Samsung in the past and thought they were good, the 'S's' especially, I've got a 'Howay' phone and its probably the best phone I've had, the missus finds it quite intuitive coming from the Apple perspective as well. Good battery life etc, I'm really impressed.

Just to toss in my tuppence worth on the phone debate. I've never been into Apple stuff but my missus is. I've had Samsung in the past and thought they were good, the 'S's' especially, I've got a 'Howay' phone and its probably the best phone I've had, the missus finds it quite intuitive coming from the Apple perspective as well. Good battery life etc, I'm really impressed.
I understand that the camera is one of the best phone cameras on the market Bam

Back