• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New Pistol

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
The Pistol arrived yesterday late afternoon.
Opened it up for a quick look and cleaned the barrel with a patch dampened with white spirit....finished with further dry patches.
Read the manual....topped it up with air....and went out the back for a few shots.
I was happily supprised at how quiet the pistol is on firing.

Only let about a dozen shots go as was pushed for time.

Lorraine and I are going to have a go with it in the garden later on.......got a few targets ready to go:thumbsup::)

First impressions are good....the build quality is pretty good for a pistol in this price range.
The trigger needs setting up (lot of travel).....and I may strip it down and clean and polish the sears.
Will put a good tin or two through it before I start to tinker.......or go near the chrono.

This is the first Air Pistol I have owned so looking forward to a bit of fun with it.

A few pictures.

DSC02947.JPG

DSC02948.JPG

DSC02949.JPG

DSC02950.JPG

DSC02951.JPG

Happy days;):thumbsup:

Well Men......tiz with heavy heart and pride I write this post.

Lorraine and I took advantage of the sunshine to go out the back and have a go with the pistol.
I was plinking away and heard...."Can i have a go"........moving all the garden ornaments....I said "Yes Dear".

After doing my macho bit....hold it like this....load it like this....keep your finger away from the trigger until ready to fire etc etc:rolleyes:

Up she goes...........first shot on the card:eek:

DSC02953.JPG

:mad::mad:............I must say she recovered well from the smack in the mouth:rofl::rofl:

DSC02954.JPG

Her finished target:eek:..........She is a natural :thumbsup:.......I reckon that is bloody good shooting first time out......very proud of her:)

MY TURN.....MY TURN........:D

As you can clearly see from my feeble effort.....my Darling wife kicked my butt :sneaky::rofl:

DSC02952.JPG

We both had a right laugh and really enjoyed the time.....looks like I'm buying her her own pistol now.....SHE ISNT USING MINE AGAIN:mad::mad::mad::rofl:

Target range was 6 yards.

Last edited:
Well Men......tiz with heavy heart and pride I write this post.

Lorraine and I took advantage of the sunshine to go out the back and have a go with the pistol.
I was plinking away and heard...."Can i have a go"........moving all the garden ornaments....I said "Yes Dear".

After doing my macho bit....hold it like this....load it like this....keep your finger away from the trigger until ready to fire etc etc:rolleyes:

Up she goes...........first shot on the card:eek:

View attachment 11263
:mad::mad:............I must say she recovered well from the smack in the mouth:rofl::rofl:

View attachment 11264

Her finished target:eek:..........She is a natural :thumbsup:.......I reckon that is bloody good shooting first time out......very proud of her:)

MY TURN.....MY TURN........:D

As you can clearly see from my feeble effort.....my Darling wife kicked my butt :sneaky::rofl:

View attachment 11265

We both had a right laugh and really enjoyed the time.....looks like I'm buying her her own pistol now.....SHE ISNT USING MINE AGAIN:mad::mad::mad::rofl:

Target range was 6 yards.
what sort of pull do you have on the trigger Bill because that's pretty good grouping

Hi, Joe.

Cheers mate.

Not a clue regards to trigger pull yet if I am honest.

For the moment I will just be letting the regulator bed in..... and take a few of the rough edges off by putting a tin or so of pellets through it.

Once I have done that I will run the Pistol over the chronograph and see whats going on with it.

If the Chrono results are pleasing I will leave well alone......if I am not happy I may fit an aftermarket regulator to it.
Then start playing with hammer spring tensions and transfer port settings.

I will more than likely strip the trigger assembly down and carefully polish the sears to get a clean and crisp trigger break...... and adjust the weight and travel.

Still at the pellet testing stage.....only tried two types of pellets through it so far.....got a few more to try yet before the barrel lets me know what it likes best.

I normaly send off my rifles to a professional for tuning... blueprinting.....and modifications with exception of the FAC Pulsar....that thing is just spot on out of the box.

The pistol however I will do myself.

Hi, Joe.

Cheers mate.

Not a clue regards to trigger pull yet if I am honest.

For the moment I will just be letting the regulator bed in..... and take a few of the rough edges off by putting a tin or so of pellets through it.

Once I have done that I will run the Pistol over the chronograph and see whats going on with it.

If the Chrono results are pleasing I will leave well alone......if I am not happy I may fit an aftermarket regulator to it.
Then start playing with hammer spring tensions and transfer port settings.

I will more than likely strip the trigger assembly down and carefully polish the sears to get a clean and crisp trigger break...... and adjust the weight and travel.

Still at the pellet testing stage.....only tried two types of pellets through it so far.....got a few more to try yet before the barrel lets me know what it likes best.

I normaly send off my rifles to a professional for tuning... blueprinting.....and modifications with exception of the FAC Pulsar....that thing is just spot on out of the box.

The pistol however I will do myself.
That sounds like a good project mate

Love it Joe.....nothing like a frost covered field early mornings....with the mist rising :thumbsup:

Any news on your new rifle yet?

Love it Joe.....nothing like a frost covered field early mornings....with the mist rising :thumbsup:

Any news on your new rifle yet?
Only that Brian is bringing it down from Glasgow at the end of the month Bill and that it is a springer

Ideal mate.....put some pictures up when you have it:thumbsup:
Is it .22 or .177 ?

Have you managed to find a bit of land to shoot yet?

Ideal mate.....put some pictures up when you have it:thumbsup:
Is it .22 or .177 ?

Have you managed to find a bit of land to shoot yet?
I believe its a 22 Bill and there are a couple of leads for some pest control in the pipeline but I need to get the BASA insurance sorted out which I'll be doing once I have the rifle. One advantage I will have is knowing what pellets to use because its been used for target shooting

Nice Joe.....never know it may come with a few pellets....knowing what the barrel already likes is a bonus;)

Nice Joe.....never know it may come with a few pellets....knowing what the barrel already likes is a bonus;)
Indeed it is Mark, already marked out the various ranges in mother in laws garden which can give me up to 80 metres

a lot of people, me included have been told that Photobucket wont support 3rd party hosting (which includes posting pics into forums) unless we upgrade to a premium account which is £££££££

a lot of people, me included have been told that Photobucket wont support 3rd party hosting (which includes posting pics into forums) unless we upgrade to a premium account which is £££££££

I found that out a long time ago 38

Back