• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New Prezzies

Bam

Extremely Addicted
Just received a very welcome present from a mate, all Harry brand spankers, still in wrapping. He managed to acquire a fair bit of gear before he left the army and has generously passed some stuff on to me. He was having a clear out and there's a booty cookset (I think) and an ali box for the Coleman multi fuel stove. He says you can put the fuel in it but I have the wrong shaped containers for that, if I don't use it to house my Coleman, it will be used for something..

Gotta love free stuff. :)

Cheers, he's been generous in the past, he's worse than me for hoarding this kind of stuff but he's having a big clearout. I don't recognise the pot set but it had a NSN on it. Maybe someone on here recognises it, my little corner of the Forces was far too civilised to be eating out of mess tins. :lol:

Fair play to him for the gift šŸ‘

Guaranteed someone will know what they are mate...:D

Nice and sparkly The now lol have to get them all sooted up mate šŸ¤£

Fill your Coleman stove add to a large zip lock bag and store in the storage container; these stoves don't leak in my experience.

Fill your Coleman stove add to a large zip lock bag and store in the storage container; these stoves don't leak in my experience.

Agree, I've not used the Coleman for a couple years maybe and it has some fuel in it, never been an issue. The only reason I haven't use it is its sooo last season, at least for me. I like to have my options, I'm probably due a return to the Coleman's, I've used gas and meths a lot since, played with the wood gasifier's too, oh and the occasional hexy for nostalgia reasons.

So my 1936 paraffin Primus stove would be sooooo last century.

Do you not go through 'phases' with kit ???

That stove sounds ace mate, I think my oldest is a trangia I bought in about '83 (aged 15) and like the Coleman fell out of (my personal) fashion, still a fan of meths but tend to go with much more minimal set up now. I'm sure I'll rediscover both at some point. Its all still in the pile of absolutely essential gear in the garage.... my precious......

I bought some lightweight stuff 20 years ago, because my girl friend was so mignon, that I had to carry nearly the whole equipment.

Fife years ago I had to replace nearly all of it.

Somehow my german, swiss and swedish stuff from the times between WW1 and WW2 and the Nato stuff from the seventies and eighties is still fine.

I got the impression, that the old stuff was made a bit better than the new one.

Last summer a young french lady asked me at a camping side how to change the gas bottle of her stove.

It was the first model of the CampingGaz stove family, still working.

Back