• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New project

Couple of pics of the unit and spare engine.
View attachment 32295View attachment 32296
Wow. You lot were discussing rotovators and I didn't have a clue... Thanks for throwing in a pic divebuddy. I've learned something new today!

Can't see from the pic -but i assume it moves under its own power as the paddle/hoe turns... Would hate to shove that thing through the mud on a couple of hundred acres...

Alan

Wow. You lot were discussing rotovators and I didn't have a clue... Thanks for throwing in a pic divebuddy. I've learned something new today!

Can't see from the pic -but i assume it moves under its own power as the paddle/hoe turns... Would hate to shove that thing through the mud on a couple of hundred acres...

Alan
Exactly right Alan, there is a spike at the back that you push down into the earth to act as a brake or the rotovator/tiller runs away with you. Once you have the knack it's a great labour saving device.

Looked like a little Honda 160 4hp motor. Have one of them opened up on my workbench right now. Use it to spray weeds. Now blasting them with 60hp off the PTO! šŸ¤£

To the original poster ( woodlander), love that allotment, especially the little shack. Looks like a good mans shed and a great place to spend time contemplating your food production. This is a really worthwhile initiative. Good luck and keep us posted.

Alan

Last edited:
Back