• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

new radio

ordered new brackets to mount the mast today :thumbsup: was going to try and put it up today with out them but thought better of it :whistle:...
prob best idea as im on call this weekend and sods law would be me halfway through and the phone will ring :D
Also ordered a Hf amplifier will give me around 600 watts out put ..... "Can you hear me now " :)

So todays the day :D got my brother in law coming around to give me a hand to get the mast up :whistle:........ think i,ll need a red light for the top to stop the planes crashing into it :rofl:

so got to take the mast down next weekend as some of the guy ropes are starting to fray due to the uv in the sun light :( a couple have snapped already so just been on evil bay and ordered some new rope .... 100 mtrs should do it :rofl:

im awaiting a new radio to be delivered :)

well its a new radio to me :thumbsup:

yeasu ft102 its an old valve radio ... looking forward to putting it through its paces

When you wrote, ‘……old valve radio‘, I was thinking of something like this one in my garage.

I inherited it from my wife’s fatha and he had it from her grandfatha.
We’re not sure how old it is but at least 50 years old we reckon and still going strong.
It’s been in use most days, several hours per day, sometimes as long as 8 hours per day over the past 27 years that I’ve had it and it’s never failed!

Forgot to add the image - dimwit!😆
5BD3DB73-068B-42CC-B5CD-AC57484CE527.jpeg

Back