• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New rifle

Matt

Site Owner
Staff member
so i went out and bought another new rifle as the webley was a tad heavy for hunting in woodland and walking miles with :)

just going to put the scope on it and have a go at zeroing in my back garden :)

will let you know what it is and how it did after ive run some pellets through it and zeroed it :)

just needed to say its a pcp and its under half the weight of the webley

I have nothing bad to say about modern SMK rifles :thumbsup: if it's the same basic design of hammer valve there is also room for a little tuning up.

due to the lightness of the rifle (small air tank) i get around 20-25 full power shots per fill ... not used the mag yet im liking the single shot tray

when out in the field 20 shot is more than enough as i can only carry 5 rabbits ata time :rofl:

Nice!..Like it. Not too dissimilar to my UK Brocock (Top) 6.3 lbs with scope, unlike the Theoben below it at 10 lbs..

P1040735.jpg

I use Weihraunch F&T Special pellets, .22 but they mic at 5.51 mm, the Theoben seems to like them and they show 11.9 FT Lbs on average from it after the first couple of shots.

Prone, resting on a backpack it's a Bunny stew guarantee. :D
I also use them in the SMK, The comets prefers RWS

If you’re trying pellets I’d like to throw a wild card in and suggest Bisley LRG’s might be worth a try. They’re a very light pellet as the name suggests (7.6 grain in .177) and so by rights shouldn’t suit a pcp but if they suit your barrel they’re a cracking pellet. My R10 is seriously pellet fussy but with these it’s like a laser :)

Back