• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

new rifle

Matt

Site Owner
Staff member
so ive decided to join the PCP guys with a new rife :cool:....ive had to sell the other rifles i had to cover some repairs on the landrover :(....on the brite side ive got an excuse to buy a new one :),,,,so ive decide on one of these https://www.solware.co.uk/webley-raider-12-pcp-air-rifle

ive ordered it in .177 with a walnut stock ....paid a deposit will concentrate on getting it paid off after xmass :cool:

Your spelling is appalling mate !

f6J7kLlLc-NmoeEsCylvnhDWaSKpWlTIyJ_RI0ELzoMPvY88kA.jpg

Did you eat it with a long-handled spoon ? :D

so ive decided to join the PCP guys with a new rife :cool:....ive had to sell the other rifles i had to cover some repairs on the landrover :(....on the brite side ive got an excuse to buy a new one :),,,,so ive decide on one of these https://www.solware.co.uk/webley-raider-12-pcp-air-rifle

ive ordered it in .177 with a walnut stock ....paid a deposit will concentrate on getting it paid off after xmass :cool:
very nice mate:thumbsup:

I heard that they are a good rifle matey. Are you getting the 177 or 22? 14 shot magazine is a good.
(sorry didn't read the post properly. Glad to see it's 177)

Kelly's SMK co2 multi shot costing £100 has brought home the most game! Light, fast, good open sights it never fails!

image.jpeg

Nice Matt:thumbsup:

Always fancied a Weihrauch HW100 pcp to complement my HW97 springer.............:sneaky:

Nothing like a new rifle to get the heart pumping and stir that feeling of anticipation.
I have had a few rifles over the years but still get that feeling with a new rifle.:D:rolleyes:
What scope are you putting on her Matt?
Will you fit a Bipod eventually?

Let us know how you get on setting her up:thumbsup:

ive not planned that far ahead mate ....my first mission is to get it paid for :cool:

will prob look for a nice short light weight scope 3-9 mag .....nothing to big ...the rifle is a dream to shoulder so wouldn't want to alter the balance to much :thumbsup:

I heard that they are a good rifle matey. Are you getting the 177 or 22? 14 shot magazine is a good.
(sorry didn't read the post properly. Glad to see it's 177)

Looks pretty, I thought it was 10 shot?

JSR are generally a good outfit. They do some own brand scopes and for sub 12 air rifle use they are fine. I have bought a lot from them over the years. Usually cheaper to buy off their website than through eBay.

Paid some more dosh of the rifle :)...well i used my birthday money :rofl:....got a few other bill,s to clear first and then i,ll be back on to working on the remaining balance cant wait to get my hands on it and get out shooting again ...

pluss i need to get my eye in for the HFT comp at the summer meet (not sitting this one out guys ) :rolleyes:

guys im going to pick the rifle up tomorrow but im now having second thoughts on it o_O....im also looking at an airarms s200 ...hm whats your thoughts ?

Not on par with what you have ordered Matt. :(

I had one a few years back........it was ok but the build quality was not up to much.
Can tell straight away when you cock the rifle.
They do shoot well though.......I had a Tench reg fitted to it.
Being a fairly big chap you may find it a bit on the small side..........thicker butt pad sorts that.

Have you given the BSA Ultra a thought or AA S400

Why are you having second thoughts mate??:thumbsdown:

Last edited:
My mentor at our gun club is Nick Jenkinson who has designed some of the Air Arms stuff and many of the Hawke scope reticules. If you were to buy AA I am sure any problems could be sorted. A couple of guys have the S200 and are happy with them but as Bill says they are quite small. The S400 is bigger but still good. AA and BSA are both British made. Not sure about the Webley. I had heard it was made somewhere like Turkey. Best thing is to shoulder them all and go for the one that feels right.

Back