• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

new rifle

Good old Dick.....always there to help........makes good caaaaakes too.........bless him :thumbsup:;):D

Soon be up and running mate......any pellets in mind to try?

It just so happens I have a spare set of Sportsmatch High mounts here mate.
When you mount the scope....shim the back mount (closest to your shooting eye) will save you doing it later;):thumbsup:

PM me your addy mate ;)

Good old Dick.....always there to help........makes good caaaaakes too.........bless him :thumbsup:;):D

Soon be up and running mate......any pellets in mind to try?

got a couple of tins to try mate ....ive seen a few reviews pointing towards a brand of pellet......webley ;)...but i think they maybe bias ive got a tin of JSB Diabolo and some VMX

dont give me old excuse ive got no where to practice ....your back garden is ideal for it ...perfect distance from the wall to the pergola

@Matt.............."5" Yards should be ample for your zero mate :sneaky::sneaky::insertevillaughhere::whistle:

Looks like there is plenty of meat in the forehand of the stock to get a bipod stud into mate.:thumbsup:
Will you add a sling to her later on.......or not bother?

@Matt.............."5" Yards should be ample for your zero mate :sneaky::sneaky::insertevillaughhere::whistle:

Looks like there is plenty of meat in the forehand of the stock to get a bipod stud into mate.:thumbsup:
Will you add a sling to her later on.......or not bother?

yes mate i,ll be adding a sling stud for the bipod at some stage and will prob get a sling as the rifle is a hefty lump to carry around :cool:

borrowed a charging kit from @divebuddy ( thanks mate ) and the rifle is now charged and ready for the new scope (come on amazon) some times prime delivery does pay off ....guess what im going to be doing this evening :rofl:

new scope fitted :alert:...u can tell its a budget scope :D...but it will do for the next month or so while i save up for some thing better :rolleyes:...

so out to zero the rifle in the back garden :lol::lol:...max distance i got to play with is 19 yrds ..so i set to loading the mags ...after faffing around its apparent one of the mags if faulty :mad::mad: (will take it back to shop and exchange it )

put up target and then had to focus the scope in as couldn't see anything all blurry ...10 mins all done with a nice crisp picture

so set to zeroing the rifle took around 15 shots to get it near enough ....put up a new target and emptied the last 4 shots out of the mag into it ...think it will do :rofl::rofl::rofl:
IMG_20180527_195019.jpg

going to try and get out for an hour or so tomorrow and do a longer distance windage zero ....was going to ask whats the best zero distance for a .177 ? if i remembered correctly for a 1" kill zone its 19yrds and again around 40 ish ...

Back