• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New scope needed

Matt

Site Owner
Staff member
setting up a new rifle ....

looking for a 3-9x40 scope with mounts whats out there guys

recommendations please :thumbsup:

4..16..50 is a tad overkill but imho there hard to beat. It’s Cristal clear and doesn’t fog up in the winter morning. Reasonably light also

I had quite a few different scopes over the years, Leupold, JSR, Bushnell etc. Now got Hawke Panorama EV on both rifles. Great value, good optics and they have a wider vision so good for target spotting. I'll sort a link for you.

Another consideration before you buy, since higher magnification gives you less light maybe a fixed lower magnification scope like the hawk sport 4x40 would do just as well up to 75yards. It depends on what conditions you will be shooting in but it's a definite consideration if you're hunting in woodland or using a lamp.

Big fan of Hawke Sidewinders and MTC............. Bushnell.

If you can............ buy something with the option of an adjustable illuminated reticule........especially for hunting.
If its poor light and you are shooting in a wood or at the bottoms of hedges it can be a struggle..........you will be glad of the help:thumbsup:
Personally, I like an adjustable Parallax.....but not essential.

I mapped most of my scopes on the range using a rangefinder ( Another useful bit of kit )
Hawke Chairgun is a useful aid setting up your ranges once you put in the required information.

Go for the best scope and mounts (BKL) you can afford:thumbsup:

My absolute favourite at the moment is the MTC Connect 3-12x32 AMD ret.
Parallax down to 10 yds ...........wide field of view and excellent light gathering.......even @ 32mm
Adjustable eye bell.

MTC Optics Viper Connect 3-12x32 Rifle Scope

Have one on the .25 Pulsar and loving it:thumbsup:

Back