• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New shed or not

It’s all flat packed now, ready to be picked up tomorrow 😁 I’ll need to replace a few bits but this was understood when I bought it..
34257434-4CB1-4F88-9863-512B8562E0BE.jpeg
9292EE76-50CB-4068-B839-5239F4C89823.jpeg

Nice shed Mark but the roof will come apart when you dismantle it so you w will meed new felt

True joe, it was the first thing I took of mate… it will need some new strapping along the bottom and on one side of the apex … nothing too bad tho … and it definitely needs a new base lol

A bit of TLC Mark and you will have a lovely shed there :thumbsup:
Might be worth lashing on some wood preservative to the 4 corner upright joins....and also the bottoms that sit on the floor......while you have it all in bits :thumbsup:

True joe, it was the first thing I took of mate… it will need some new strapping along the bottom and on one side of the apex … nothing too bad tho … and it definitely needs a new base lol
Can you use the base board and just replace the stringers? if you replace the lot I would definitely put at least two extra stringers in place to make sure the base doesn't sag

Can you use the base board and just replace the stringers? if you replace the lot I would definitely put at least two extra stringers in place to make sure the base doesn't sag

It’s possible joe, tho I would rather build a new one to be honest plus it’s very possible I will have to run the saw over the old base just to get it in the van

A bit of TLC Mark and you will have a lovely shed there :thumbsup:
Might be worth lashing on some wood preservative to the 4 corner upright joins....and also the bottoms that sit on the floor......while you have it all in bits :thumbsup:

Was thinking the same bill , I want to coat the roof panels as well , I’m thinking on replacing the the 4 beams on the apex so the roof panels house themselves better…. It’s a project right enough 😂

It’s possible joe, tho I would rather build a new one to be honest plus it’s very possible I will have to run the saw over the old base just to get it in the van
well if any of the old base can be saved you can always use it for another project like a cold frame for the mrs

I'm not sure if the floor of your new auld shed is already coated in this stuff but I thought that this video might be handy big yin !

:)

Great minds think alike as they say 👍🏻 Am not sure I will use osb for the base tho🤔 if so I think coating the whole bottom side would be more beneficial 👍🏻 Pain in the arrus painting osb tho lol

The old one must have fallen down through ageing..... are you sure you can get the new one up before it rots as well 🤔......just asking mate ....ye Ken..... big yin 🤣😛

Back