• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New spot....🏕

Oot

Quite Addicted
Well during lockdown...no camping allowed but have been tinkering with different set ups....my stealth camp where my dutch army tent now lives away from the massing crowd🏕....and a few more set ups over winter👍
20210219_121100.jpg
20210212_111114.jpg
20210317_115405.jpg
20210317_115401~2.jpg

Attachments

• 20210303_114728.jpg
    20210303_114728.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 113
@Forest wanders

Hi Ricky.

Just sat looking at your picture of the bungalow set up again.......and thinking about the damp problem you mentioned in another post.
You said that you had added a groundsheet underneath the bungalow floor to try and help the situation.......bit it didn't work.
Just a thought mate.......could it be that the ground sheet is protruding outside of the shelters footprint......even the smallest amount sticking out.....or very close to the edge will collect water run off from the main shelter........it will run under and in between the two layers and sit there.

Might be worth cutting....or folding the ground sheet 3 inches smaller than the overall size of the shelter floor.......so there is no chance of run off collecting on it and causing a problem?

I have a piece cut for mine that is 3 inches smaller all around..... that I use......it stays wrapped with the shelter so I always have it with me.

Its just a thought mate and worth trying if you have not already done so......hope you get it sorted.......the Bungalow is a great little shelter. :thumbsup:

Aye agree it's a great wee shelter....have had it out in really heavy downpours...with all my ground sheet tucked under,watched another youtuber with same problem .....anyway you mentioned a ridge line.....myself and tying knots is a problem as my brain sends the right message to hands but they refuse to comply😄.......and have been watching a few folk use a ridge line my one seems to be missing middle loop on top🤔

What about digging a thin drainage line around the edges as the water may be coming down hill. If you do a culvert it may help.

Back