• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

new stove again

Had mine running with unleaded. Waiting for Coleman fuel to arrive and see if it's better.
IMG_20221127_153038.jpg

Had mine running with unleaded. Waiting for Coleman fuel to arrive and see if it's better.
View attachment 116568
I'm very much looking forward to your accessment of the difference. From what I think I know the diffence is like the difference between unleaded and super unleaded in your car. Super unleaded won't make a damned bit of difference to the speed and performance of your car, but it will clean the parts that 'other fuels cannot reach', therefore an all-round good thing for the engine. If you see a clear-cut improvement in the stove I might be convinced to lash out on Coleman fluid.

Waiting for the result. Suggest testing it before you change fuels by timing the boiling of a given quantity of water. Then test is after the fuel change.
Two cups of tea, one after the other…that seems like a sensible scientific approach. 🧐🤣🤣
Also any observations would be welcome about how easily it lights and does either fuel taint whatever it is that you’re heating like my old paraffin stove used to.

thought id do an update on this stove :thumbsup:

i used the stove whilst away in the highlands :) i did no test burns or test fires with it before i went away so i was going into using it totally blind :rofl::rolleyes:

ok so heres my thoughts

ease of use ... id say 8 out of 10 (fuelling the stove is a bit of a faf with out the funnel ) i used a small plastic jug :thumbsup:

boiling times ... very fast to boil 3 litres of water :cool:

i bought the stove to use in the colder climes as gas can be a bit hit and miss :thumbsup: but after using it for a week at the meet i think it will be my goto stove now rather than using the gas :cool:

for a weeks cooking of 3 meals per day and for countless brews i used 1ltr of the Colman fuel (which i thought was good going )

so in conclusion "would i buy again " defo yes a fantastic bit of kit which is fit for purpose :cool:

thought id do an update on this stove :thumbsup:

i used the stove whilst away in the highlands :) i did no test burns or test fires with it before i went away so i was going into using it totally blind :rofl::rolleyes:

ok so heres my thoughts

ease of use ... id say 8 out of 10 (fuelling the stove is a bit of a faf with out the funnel ) i used a small plastic jug :thumbsup:

boiling times ... very fast to boil 3 litres of water :cool:

i bought the stove to use in the colder climes as gas can be a bit hit and miss :thumbsup: but after using it for a week at the meet i think it will be my goto stove now rather than using the gas :cool:

for a weeks cooking of 3 meals per day and for countless brews i used 1ltr of the Colman fuel (which i thought was good going )

so in conclusion "would i buy again " defo yes a fantastic bit of kit which is fit for purpose :cool:

3 litres of water 😲......were you intending to bath Wildwood......or wash the Landy 🫢🫢😄

Back