• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New stove

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
Bought this one for carp fishing, much safer than the one I was using also itโ€™s 3 legs are long enough to seat my frying pan ๐Ÿ˜
1816EE16-9230-46B7-8611-039C25392DF0.jpeg
DD6FB896-124F-4F34-94BA-FAFE687316C5.jpeg
7051EB45-3BA5-4F0D-9E7F-D8EE01C46A90.jpeg

@Ark79

Now you have used the stove a few times.....what do you think of it
Mark?
I am looking out for a reasonable sized stove myself......got a couple of small ones.....but need bigger to safely hold a frying pan :)

@Ark79

Now you have used the stove a few times.....what do you think of it
Mark?
I am looking out for a reasonable sized stove myself......got a couple of small ones.....but need bigger to safely hold a frying pan :)

Very happy with it bill, sturdy and as you seen it will hold a reasonable sized frying pan ๐Ÿ˜‚

Itโ€™s a great stove mate , worth the money ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

The only disadvantage with this style of stove is that there is effectively a minimum sized pan that can be used which precludes a lot of metal mugs.

The advantages are stability, the pan being lower and less affected by the wind (saving fuel) and also the fact that you can wrap the fuel source in cold weather making it more efficient (and saving even more fuel).

Just had to YouTube it to see what the pipe was, a preheater pipe apparently, nice.
Quite right Bopdude, itโ€™s intended to preheat the fuel from the gas cylinder in colder conditions when the gas from the cylinder slows down, if not freezes (Ive found this slow down can happen when as much as 3-4 degrees above freezing).

The idea is to turn the cylinder upside down (stands to hold them in this position can be bought) causing liquid gas to run through the fuel feed pipe to the preheater (generator) tube where it gets vaporised and then burns as a gas. If you can run the stove for a minute or so before inverting the cylinder to heat the generator up thatโ€™s better and limits the flare up that can occur if you invert straight away. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ideal mate....Will be perfect for the longer meets 5 days + and picnics on the beach with my Queen .......looks like I'm going in old chap๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

@Ark79

The Trakker stove turned up mate :)

Have had a good look over it.....and had a first burn/brew :D
Lovely solid footprint and low centre of gravity.....the build quality and materials used are excellent.... and it will hold a good sized frying pan/wok which is what I was after.
A great addition to the kit.......cheers me dear :thumbsup:

Back