• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

New Year Bushcraft.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
What are your Bushcraft/Wildcamping aims and objectives for the New Year?

Have you set yourself any goals or tasks/skills that you feel you need to brush up on or would like to learn?

As far as kit goes........is there anything you would like to add or remove.....maybe exchange?

To include..... Shelter...cooking........sleeping......water carry......tools/knives etc.

I think everyones wish would be to get out more... and for longer :)

i will be slimming the kit down a fair bit :rolleyes:..(KEEP AN EYE ON THE FOR SALE SECTION )

im planning on doing a few light weight excursions on Dartmoor

also the planned trip to Scotland in feb

then the meet in august

and then plan to go back to Scotland in October next year

Hi, Matt.

Sounds like a good plan.
I may thin the Bushcraft/Wildcamping kit down a bit as well.
Not carrying as much on my back these days..... so the larger packs I have are not needed now.
The Slumit tent will definately stay.....I will sell the others and the larger tarps.

On the longer meets 5 days plus.....we tend to chuck the kit in the back of the cars anyway.

Would like to get a few overnighters on the go locally.

All good fun ;)

Well my plan is to go local and go light, water being the heaviest thing so plan on how much will I need for a given period. Unlike most of you I also have to plan around a small dog

Been toying with the idea of a 2 day hike/wildcamp in Snowdonia and maybe one to the lake district. Also planning a trip to Scotland some time in the new year was thinking of doing the West Highland way...

Definitely going to further my pursuit into lightweight gear, biggest thing now is sleep system.

Solo nights for me and sleep systems. More videos on Bushcraft and how to survive videos
I may even become a kit tart (this will please some people lol) there are a few fjallraven items with my name on it.

Also plan on venturing into some new areas in search of camp sites

Oh and finally setting time out to join in on the bushy meets lol.

Solo nights for me and sleep systems. More videos on Bushcraft and how to survive videos
I may even become a kit tart (this will please some people lol) there are a few fjallraven items with my name on it.

Also plan on venturing into some new areas in search of camp sites

Oh and finally setting time out to join in on the bushy meets lol.
You're already a tart, the kit comes later:p:rofl:

Create an online blog, telling my story and journey into Bushcraft / Wildcamping.

Get my Mountain bike kitted out, for trips.

Generally keep getting out, exploring new places.

Keep us up to date when you start your Blod Gary....the amount of time you spend out....it should make for some great reading :thumbsup:

Especially now you have formed a group :)

Back