• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS

Ark79

Site Manager
As the new year is approaching fast and I’m steadily getting older :whistle: I think it’s now time for a change in bad habits, so I plan on picking up my failures from my last resolutions lol. Lose weight,build muscle mass, eat healthier and the biggy one.....quit SMOKING!!!:D Also get out more:D and a new one,, grow my YouTube channel. A lot to do eh lol

Anyone else have any for this year????

Hi Mark. :)

That is quite a list and all good goals to achieve :thumbsup:
Hope you crack everyone of them mate.
As far as the quit smoking goes......do you think you would be up for using a vape??

One of my personal aims is to get back into swimming and also more walking if my back allows it.
Need to loose about 1 1/2 stone in weight as well :whistle:

Thinking about another woofer to get us out and about more.

@1 shot willie
Cheers for the words of confidence buddy, it’s a big list :D no vape buddy I’m just stopping cold turkey lol. Gradually right enough, one fag at a time mate.

Swimming is probably the best way to exercise as it very low impact on the joints. Go for it mate :thumbsup: 1 1/2 stone should rip of you,

getting a woofer should get you out more mate and personal I would go for it, sounds like your minds made up already tho:sneaky::D

good luck with it all mate 👍🏻

Not really a resolution, more of a determination I suppose..Have a clear out of unnecessary 'Belongings'...
For a start I've got a suit I haven't worn in 9 years...still fits me but the last 3 funerals I went to (and they get more frequent at my age...:rofl: ) I wore bright coloured kit. To attend the last one I even had to buy a Rugby shirt to wear..,..:lol:

The recent house move proves I've got enough books to ballast the Ark Royal ..if she hadn't been made into Razor Blades by a Turkish scrapyard...
So, in the next few weeks....local charity shops to stand by for incoming....:lol:

Don't mention another woofer to me 😭

Attachments

• IMG_20191226_090451.jpg
    IMG_20191226_090451.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 67
Be more self disciplined in general, and stay of the French beers a bit at 10% a lot of empty calories, more shooting practice bit more campfire cooking and like Ark get my youtube channel a bit better (more for me than anyone else). when i say self disciplined I am pretty lucky here as I can do all i want without upsetting anybody and I am not using the opportunity as good as I should be, mainly because after a days work out comes the beer and better intentions tend to get forgotton.

(off topic spurs 2-1 winners and it one of mine!!)

Capture.PNG

I'm with Woodlander on getting out more as that's what makes me happy.

There's things I should do less of and other things I should do more of, but if I'm out those other things don't matter! :D

That's a pretty good aproach to it I reckon. You could do your best to live a fantasically healthy lifestyle or your can do your best to live. We'll all do what we think works for us.

Well I spent the past few days looking at a vape kit, to assist with the quitting of smoking. I did it for 4 months between May-August, then dropped my aspire puxos mod and smashed the fitting at the top, spent the next month glueing and taping it to try and carry on, got so stressed I rolled a fag and that was it! Got my eye on a waterproof and impact resistant model. So really going to try this year, get my health back on track

i dont make resolutions each new year as i already live my life with no expectations so what will be will be :thumbsup: :)
Kind of my philosophy too Matt, from time to time I try and steer myself one way or another but generally I'll go with the flow. This year my 'steer' is to batter down the credit card which has crept up, not all my fault, as I've got Prime the missus will get me to order stuff for her which all gets paid off my CC. While we share cash its still 'my' CC so that will be the priority this year.

For the record, its still mostly me that puts stuff on it and I blame you lot. And Amazon. And red wine..... :lol:

Not being a smoker i hadn't heard of that and had to check it out . Seems the ban is aimed at menthol cigarettes and tobacco , Menthol cigarettes, flavoured tobacco and 'skinny' fags to be banned this year
By the way what exactly are skinney fags?
I haven't as such made any new year resolutions but have decided to have a tidy up of the house and garden. I've already built another store for wood and transfered some timber into it that had sat under sheets for at least 15 years. Most of it is oak that i had planned to use "at some point" although i'm beginning to wonder if i will ever use. I could cut it up for firewood but when one is faced with 11ft lengths of seasoned 12x3 oak it seems a terrible waste to burn it. I have wondered how i got it round the back of the house , i must have been stronger in the past , because it's bloody heavy.
Clearing the area where the wood was stored means i can lift the slabs underneath and finish off the path and give me a more easily accessible area for my raspberries and other soft fruit . Wife has started to clear some of her stuff from the garage and loft . I suppose it doesn't help that we both lean a little towards hoarding "useful" or "valuble" stuff but at least we are trying to liquidate some of that value.

Back