• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

It certainly is at the moment. The female horse flies are biting right now, you need armour plating to keep them off you.....horrible things!
As a ground hugger I can often get away with very minimal gear which is just as well because I'm only getting back into it after a 35 year break.
I like a sleeping bag, roll mat, bivvi bag and tarp set low to the ground. I often use head nets as bug protection even during the day.

well met WW. i'm a bit of a rooky here myself so i won't presume to roll out the welcome mat, but i can say you're among good folk here and i'm sure you'll find them good company as i have.

i certainly appreciate the interest in hammocks. never tried them myself until a year or so ago and i've been quite impressed. due to a complicated home life these days i don't get out for over-nighters much but good day hikes are still manageable and on those a relaxing afternoon in the hammock is pretty hard to beat. what a superb way to chill out in the woods they are!

happy trails!

ps. recently discovered that here in Scotland -- a new home for this Canadian ex-pat -- horse flies are called "cleggs". what a brilliant name! loathsome and threatening sounding all in a word, as they are.

Hello, you're very welcome, and anything you need to know about computers...............

Just don't ask me.
dunce-emoticon.gif
................:lol:

Hello, you're very welcome, and anything you need to know about computers...............

Just don't ask me. View attachment 34518 ................:lol:
I value your opinions on most other things though Sax.
WW, there are some pretty knowledgeable people around here so if you ask about anything to do with bushcraft there will eventually be an intelligent answer along with all the banter.

Back