• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Newly joined this forum

Hello Bam and Matt.

Thanks for the welcome

Haven’t really been camping for a while. I live in the wilderness, was looking for a forum with people who did likewise. Didnt realize this was a UK forum with a camping focus...

Alan

Hiya Folks!

Newly signed into this forum. Found it by accident looking for something else. Read a few discussions which I thought interesting, so have decided to join.

Hope all are well.

Greets from Downunder

Alan
Great to have you with us.

Hello Alan, welcome aboard. The word 'Wilderness' is a bit misleading here, although one or two people still manage to die each year in the wilder places in the uk, usually in the winter.

In truth there is very little wilderness in the UK these days, most of our landscape is managed in some way but it doesn't stop us from searching for a little peace and solitude away from traffic noise or screaming kids. I live in the least populated county of Wales which has the least people per acre in the UK but I still hear other peoples noise at night, I still see their light pollution even though I'm in a dark sky reserve. I love to get even further out into the hills to the West of me whenever I can.

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

I told my wife about this forum and she appreciated your interest.

I’ll try dig up a few historic snaps of our camp during the first phase of build.

Will also go outside and take a couple of snaps around tomorrow. It’s still a work in progress.

I’ve got plenty of questions of my own to ask you blokes (ladies and gents) , especially about traveling camping in U.K. and the current COVID 19 situation

Cheers

Alan

@Gulfalan67

Awesome write up and description Alan......gives a real feel of how the build is ongoing....... and progressing :thumbsup:

Could you please add further comments and pictures into the "Homesteading" section.....thank you :thumbsup::)

Hiya Folks!

Newly signed into this forum. Found it by accident looking for something else. Read a few discussions which I thought interesting, so have decided to join.

Hope all are well.

Greets from Downunder

Alan
Welcome to the family Alan

Back