• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Next weeks housing...

lol

Extremely Addicted
Because we are not carrying......................by a river somewhere, 3 get lost for 3 days................:lol:

Attachments

• Blacks GC Standard extended fly 1.JPG
    Blacks GC Standard extended fly 1.JPG
    463.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Dutch Army tent side 1 (2).jpg
    Dutch Army tent side 1 (2).jpg
    597.1 KB · Views: 89
  • lavvu winter set up1.jpg
    lavvu winter set up1.jpg
    525.8 KB · Views: 99
lucky buggers! how's that Dutch Army tent? i've been pretty impressed with the Dutch surplus gear i've seen so far.

It is the heaviest and bulkiest 1man tent on the planet! Very well made, except for the zips: they don't meet at central bottom nor are the sewn to bottom corners; so they can leak here. However.............you can (occasionally!!) find some with full length flaps along the zips, and these are entirely weathertight. We three will be camping 3 nights , same place....hence my three tents for 2 bros in laws!

It is the heaviest and bulkiest 1man tent on the planet! ...

ah, sounds like a good one for those car camping trips i might do ... when i get a car again. :)
i've been eyeballing the Onetigris Bungalow as a possible choice for the more immediate hiking trips i have on the planning board. some of the U-tubers i watch have and like it so i'm reasonably familiar with what the thing is, and isn't.
it'll be the first tent i'll have bought -- and used -- in 30 years so taking my time with that one.

Reactions: Bam
ah, sounds like a good one for those car camping trips i might do ... when i get a car again. :)
i've been eyeballing the Onetigris Bungalow as a possible choice for the more immediate hiking trips i have on the planning board. some of the U-tubers i watch have and like it so i'm reasonably familiar with what the thing is, and isn't.
it'll be the first tent i'll have bought -- and used -- in 30 years so taking my time with that one.
It'll be fun and very compact...I have a OneTigris Smokey Hut......weighs nothing, packs to nowhere, and is basically up in possibly less than a minute?

I'm not known for taking my time with anything (ish!) :eek: :thumbsup:🤔:rofl::rofl:

👍Being a wee bit of a kit tart can recommend the backwoods bungalow for summer months.....keeps oot the midges.....and the dutch army and the French army f1 canvas tent for winter months👍......and the vango banshee for 2[/ATTACH]
20191116_133534_HDR.jpg
IMG_20191025_182030.jpg
IMG_20200320_163955.jpg
20200627_100410.jpg
20200627_100410.jpg

Vango banshee for longer hill walks summer and winter👍
for short people, certainly under 6 foot. There's a bit more face space in the Halo? They used to do a "Max" version of the Banshee for longer folk...........USED to..... :(:thumbsdown:
Amazing value tents................

@Forest wanders , i see you've got some nice surplus gear there. the strictarn haversack i recognize. and what's that sitting out in front of the Bungalow? is that the Russian assault pack, the 6sh112 if i remember correctly? almost went for one a while back, looked like a good pack.

@Forest wanders

Hi Forest.

Have you tried pitching in the woods whilst using a ridge line instead of the walking poles/or sticks with the Bungalow?
Made one up for mine and tried it.....it makes for a tighter more secure pitch and works well ......quick too :thumbsup:
IMG_20200218_110602.jpg
IMG_20200218_111722.jpg

Just about see the ridge line in the pictures :thumbsup:

@Forest wanders

Hi Forest.

Have you tried pitching in the woods whilst using a ridge line instead of the walking poles/or sticks with the Bungalow?
Made one up for mine and tried it.....it makes for a tighter more secure pitch and works well ......quick too :thumbsup:
View attachment 22446View attachment 22447

Just about see the ridge line in the pictures :thumbsup:
Will try a few different configurations at the weekend.....but will still look like a dogs dinner.....hence my nickname for my tent the backwards bungalow 😄

Back