• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Nice hand axe.

divebuddy

Staff member
Nick at our local airgun club is well into his bushcraft. He just bought the hand axe in the picture. Really nice bit of kit. He's done some carving and its really sharp. Also a nice shape for carving.
DSC_0591.JPG
DSC_0589.JPG
DSC_0590.JPG
Cost about £40 from a place in Exeter. Apparently its made in Germany.

Nice piece, it's a STIHL (see handle). The model is called "1926 Forestry Axe".

And you are right, the Stihl AG & Co.KG (company name) is located in Waiblingen, Germany. They make quite some decent gear, also when it comes to power tools.

I knew it was a Stihl both my chainsaws are as well. Bit obvious really. I didn't know what the 1926 was though. Thanks.

Do like the look of this one:cool: now how do I convince the other half I need one :D

Should be perfect for shaping wood :thumbsup:

I looked at these, before you buy one make sure that you look at it from above to check that the way it's ground is well balanced. There were one or two dodgy ones in the batch when I got one similar from a hardware shop in Hay-on-Wye.
An unbalanced axe wastes energy and can injure your wrist.
It pays to be selective, even Stihl turn out the odd duffer now and then.

OOOh that's nice. You can't beat a good Axe, probably the most versatile tool invented, along with the Dremmel:)

Back