• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Nice try.

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
Dear Sir,

This is your electricity account 25 July to 24 Sept 2019 ( or words to that effect)

Amount outstanding £361..10p

Reply...I only moved here in July, I have not used the heating and as yet I do not have any electrical appliances except a kettle and light bulbs, please recalculate my electricity bill.

Letter dated 1st October..2 months standing order paid...you owe us £270..84p

Reply...I'm a 75 year old bloke living alone, haven't used electric heating, cook on gas, only have fridge and micro wave...not paying £270..84p

Dear Sir, We will take court action to recover any outstanding debts...etc: etc:

Reply...Good, see you in court, you can explain to the court how this amount of electricity was used, bearing in mind my circumstances.

Letter yesterday...Dear Sir, we owe you £31..27p which will be deducted from subsequent usage calculations...

:p....:D

Well done you, not everyone questions bills and just pays them blindly :(

Dear Sir,

Please accept our apologies for any distress caused...…...blah, blah...…………..

(ooops sorry, just woke up!!)

just pays them blindly

I think that is the tragedy with some elderly folk, the demanding letters appear threatening and they just pay up.
Apparently they added my small meter reading to the previous occupants reading for which the bill had already been paid...Pretty basic stuff really, but they just send the letter out and someone not as bolshie as me would just pay up I expect.

Glad it worked out for you :thumbsup:
Shouldn’t be allowed to get away with this.. try bulb . Fantastic com’s and fair prices, only one tariff so no way they can fluff it up and apparently it’s reusable power that’s supplied. Apparently! Greener future and all that

Glad it worked out for you :thumbsup:
Shouldn’t be allowed to get away with this.. try bulb . Fantastic com’s and fair prices, only one tariff so no way they can fluff it up and apparently it’s reusable power that’s supplied. Apparently! Greener future and all that

+1...with Bulb

Shopped around a couple years ago and moved to the Coop, they must have been subsumed by Octopus (who say Which rated them highest) and now with them although only just changed. I'll see what they're like before doing the nose around.

Back