• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Norfolk sites?

Davina

Slightly Talkative
hi I have a bit of kit and am looking for places to start out in Norfolk East Anglia? If anyone knows where there are decent places please let me know. Im from Dereham btw.

Hi Davina, Welcome. Please take a moment to tell us a bit about yourself in the introductions and welcomes section - we're a friendly bunch :)

Thanks Willie I'm really looking for decent locations rather than club, businesses etc, although that link is useful thanks. I just want to go do it and learn as I go. Just need to know there's a decent forest who don't mind fire lighting, shelter buildings etc

Thanks Willie I'm really looking for decent locations rather than club, businesses etc, although that link is useful thanks. I just want to go do it and learn as I go. Just need to know there's a decent forest who don't mind fire lighting, shelter buildings etc

Hi Davina.

You could try having a word with local farmers, explain what you want to get up too and offer an extra watchful eye while you are out and about.
Explain you would only use fallen wood for fires and shelter building, and would have a contained fire at all times.
You do not need a huge wood to get out and enjoy, even a small cope would do.
Might be worth preparing a disclaimer too, explaing that you would be on the land at your own risk with no come backs on the land owner should you suffer an injury of any kind.
Take it with you every time you visit a potential land owner, and have a copy ready for him.....just in case.
Could even prepare a standard letter and post a few away to local farmers, include a stamped addressed envelope and of course a contact number for yourself.
Keep the letter brief, if they open up on 6 pages they may not be to keen on reading it:D
Another tack would be to contact sellers of woodland in your area, offer to do some work in exchange for the use of the woodland.

http://www.woodlands.co.uk/buying-a-wood/east-anglia/

Please keep us up to speed on your progress, it would be nice to hear some good news.:thumbsup:

GOOD LUCK!!!

As Greenbear says.....take time out to tell us a bit about yourself in the introductions section.

Last edited:
Back