• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

North Face Borealis as a daypack

Nessunego

Slightly Talkative
I've found that my North Face Borealis backpack suits me really well for one day hiking in cold weather. It would serve well also as an overnighter backpack in mild weather, while it is too small for me for an overnigt in cold weather due to the need to carry a sleeping bag and an isolating mattress. I particularly appreciate its frame, which makes the weight distribute very omogeneously, and its compact dimensions. I would have loved some webbing underneath of the backpack, but I think I can manage to mod it this way. In that case I could put the sleeping bag and mattress hanging under the backpack and use it for an overnight also in cold weather.

This is one of the few pictures I have...

Attachments

• IMG_20180224_212337.jpg
    IMG_20180224_212337.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 142
Hi Ness.

Looking at the material of the pack I would think it would be quite an easy job to sew on two large "D" rings at the base of the pack.
Thread some webbing through the "D" rings and glue and sew them on.
Decide what buckles and the length of straps you want and where to position them.....glue and sew them on as well.
I would not rely on the bungee keepers to much for larger items.

Failing that.......get a bigger pack....can never have to many packs mate :D:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hi Ness.

Looking at the material of the pack I would think it would be quite an easy job to sew on two large "D" rings at the base of the pack.
Thread some webbing through the "D" rings and glue and sew them to.
Decide what buckles and the length of straps you want and where to position them.....glue and sew them on as well.
I would not rely on the bungee keepers to much for larger items.

Failing that.......get a bigger pack....can never have to many packs mate :D:thumbsup:
I'll post my mod as soon as I've made it! Thanks for the advice!

Back