• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Not my usual thing..

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
This Browning x50 is a lock knife, is spring assisted with a cutting edge in excess of 76mm so in the UK it is illegal on three counts but the fact that it isn't an ideal every day carry isn't my main reason for rejecting this as a pocket knife.
Unless this knife is kept in a secured belt sheath it's extremely dangerous to the user as the spring assisted opening is a bit too "hair trigger" meaning it's far too easy for it to flick open in your pocket or rucksack. If you're lucky you only cut your finger or damage some other kit, if you're unlucky and it springs open in your pocket you could open an artery in your groin or emasculate yourself.

That said, for a cheap mass produced knife it is reasonably good quality and takes a good edge however the tactical style webbing cutter isn't sharp enough to be of any practical use and you may feel the need to tighten up the torque screws as well as remove the horrible belt clip.

On the whole this knife is more styling than substance. 3/10
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

That little Smith and Wesson you swopped with me...... still holds pride of place Mike ;) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'm just glad it found the right home and someone who knows a good knife and how to sharpen blades.

Last year I sold a very rare Rogers 4 1/2" fire striker pocket knife to a guy that deals in militaria and recently he had it with him, the flats of the blade were all scratched and gouged from bad sharpening and the edge was all chipped...if he'd wanted something to use as a screw driver or crowbar he could have had one like the Browning for free rather than bugger up a mint condition collectors piece.

That little Smith and Wesson you swopped with me...... still holds pride of place Mike ;) :thumbsup:

I had a S&W kukri a few years back, I was really disappointed, I felt they might be trading on the name. Glad you've had a more positive experience.

Reactions: Bam
Back