• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Nuclear Bomb Shelter Sales Are Soaring Due To North Korean Threats

a nuclear bunker is outside of my budget and I wouldn't have anywhere to put it even if I won the lottery!o_O

not for me , there is a bigger picture on how long you would have to stay in there, and what you would be coming out to. then could you survive after, or would you want to survive something like a nuclear attack if it was so close that you had to have a shelter .
I think if one wanted to survive a nuclear attack you would have to strategically relocate to a very low risk area where there are no targets ,this would be very difficult to do in the uk unless you know where all the missile bases are and the mobile bases ones , harbour's, army bases, industry's and a huge amount more,
I guess you would have to look at a remote island somewhere, or just have a lot of luck that our side destroy the opposition before they get all there missiles away.

I will continue prepping for the smaller things ,knowing they will help with the bigger things

not for me , there is a bigger picture on how long you would have to stay in there, and what you would be coming out to. then could you survive after, or would you want to survive something like a nuclear attack if it was so close that you had to have a shelter .
I think if one wanted to survive a nuclear attack you would have to strategically relocate to a very low risk area where there are no targets ,this would be very difficult to do in the uk unless you know where all the missile bases are and the mobile bases ones , harbour's, army bases, industry's and a huge amount more,
I guess you would have to look at a remote island somewhere, or just have a lot of luck that our side destroy the opposition before they get all there missiles away.

I will continue prepping for the smaller things ,knowing they will help with the bigger things
move to the westcountry or the high lands of Scotland!!

a nuclear bunker is outside of my budget and I wouldn't have anywhere to put it even if I won the lottery!o_O
I would love to have a bunker as a "man cave", but it is too expensive for us too.
Keith.

I don't know what size warheads NK has, but I have been told the modern warheads are much smaller than those used on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, with modern targeting systems they don't need to be.

yes agree LW , and I don't think we are likely to be nuked in the UK at the moment ,I would suspect a dirty bomb is possible from isis or what ever they are calling them self today could happen, but this would be in London
which would not effect me ,
now the US and Korea is another story ,and if they did start ,I would affect the UK and the world in a different way.
where food and fuel would rise in price to a crazy level ,and that is a big problem

Sorry to debunk that but most nuclear weapons are 2nd generation, the days of dropping them from planes ended in the '60's. They use a small version of the atomic bomb to trigger a much larger thermonuclear explosion. It was a way of reducing the physical size of the warhead in order to fit it into an ICBM

except in the case of NK-I think that's what all the rocket testing was about.

yes agree LW , and I don't think we are likely to be nuked in the UK at the moment ,I would suspect a dirty bomb is possible from isis or what ever they are calling them self today could happen, but this would be in London
which would not effect me ,
now the US and Korea is another story ,and if they did start ,I would affect the UK and the world in a different way.
where food and fuel would rise in price to a crazy level ,and that is a big problem
its possible that any ally of the US-which we are- would be a target for NK, but the US is still their principle target, if just one bomb explodes onto the American homeland NK would be history within a few short hours, I don't think they'd have time to bomb the UK.

if they did target the UK the most obvious target is Westminster the seat of government, anyone living in London when that happens is toast.

yes good read but that is a lot of missiles to hit all those targets ,I still think London would be the big target being the canter of government followed by military targets than power plants, once you take the power plants out all the other targets are disabled , in the likes of WW1/2 the main objective would be to kill people because battles were more hand to hand ,the biggest army wins ,most times, so big city's were the biggest bang for your buck
those days it is about pressing buttons

an EMP would make more sense, an air burst rather than a ground burst, that would fry all the electronics but leave most of the resources intact, if invasion were to follow if that was the intent, not necessarily kill a lot of people, the resulting panic would do that!!!
but yes, London would still be the principle target.

Last edited:
I was just thinking about this, NK and Trump sound like a pair of school playground bullies neither wishing to back down.
I wonder if either of them really want to be the one that presses the button on Human Armageddon? the person that goes down in history as being the instigator of human annihilation?

I think your Right LW ,it dose same like a pointless pissing contest with two big egos, with neither willing
to look as if they are going to back down
but what is history if there is no one left to know or read about it

if they blow up the world there will be no one left to say who was right and who was wrong, and it wont matter anyway.

Back