• Welcome to Life In The Wilderness

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Nuclear war in Europe just became a lot more likely.

I think it all comes down too who the world leaders are at the time, Reagan and Gorbi i think actually got on and liked each other, Putin and Trump are 2 very big Ego's . Shame a lot of hard work has just been undone . not good signs. and the Nuclear side of things is one thing you just can not prepare for, if the red button does get pushed the planet becomes a moon

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
How much of it is speculation and how much fact...... we really never know. Imo Two very powerful world leaders would not suggest braking a treaty without using it as leverage for requiring a better deal.

Joecole

Staff member
How much of it is speculation and how much fact...... we really never know. Imo Two very powerful world leaders would not suggest braking a treaty without using it as leverage for requiring a better deal.
Trump's an idiot surrounded by idiots but I don't really think he's stupid enough to go for MAD

Harry Palmer

Very Addicted
When you start throwing nukes around it makes no difference as to the range of the missile. if they hit their targets its all over. I'm more concerned with some bunch of idiots letting loose a dirty bomb in a major city or two; sadly I think thats a more likely event than a missile strike :(

Ystranc

i doubt it's a negotiation tactic, I think Russia just broke the treaty, the US gave them a time period to comply with the treaty that lapsed and so the treaty is history.
And so the doomsday cloc ticks down a few more seconds.

Harry Palmer

Very Addicted
Trump is clearly not right upstairs but he won't be around for ever either health or lack of votes will see to that but Vlad the Impaler is going to be around a long time which allows him to make real long term plans and make sure they are implemented; of the two he is the most dangerous IMHO. I've been to the states several times and its fantastic but as we in the west seem to be shifting more left the states is going more and more right wing. If you've not watched this Panorama show make sure you do...its frightening over there getting more and more like the bloody Handmaid's Tale every day BBC One - Panorama, America's Abortion War

Joecole

Staff member
i doubt it's a negotiation tactic, I think Russia just broke the treaty, the US gave them a time period to comply with the treaty that lapsed and so the treaty is history.
And so the doomsday cloc ticks down a few more seconds.
Just one big flash and charcoal if you're lucky but to be honest I don't think it will ever happen. Trump might be an idiot surrounded by idiots but if he even contemplated a nuclear strike wiser heads would intervene

Joecole

Staff member
Putin might be a lot of things but idiot isn't one of them, he's fully aware that if he launches nukes our SSN's and SSBM's would reduce Russia to a lunar landscape within minutes

Harry Palmer

Very Addicted
I agree Joe that the likelihood of a conventional nuclear war is slim to say the least. Putin is by no means an idiot, he's razor sharp and leading a country growing richer while other countries get poorer; strong economies that can influence weaker ones is the face of modern warfare. I doubt we need a large army anymore, their role will be that of policemen.

Harry Palmer

Very Addicted
Trump is a bit of a willy wanger for sure. I suspect training Boris to be a good house dog may drain Donalds PBF which may slow him down.

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
trump may be a Twonk but he’s the president....not an easy job to acquire if one is not intelligent or driven buy some sort of greatness. boris! Well he wasn’t my first choice and he is a little of the wall so to speak....still he’s in and it’s going to be a few months before we really know if that’s a good thing or not...

Harry Palmer

Very Addicted
I'm not simply looking at his economic policies but I am looking at his social policies which by no stretch of the imagination can be considered positive in a good way for the USA. I speak on avery regular basis (video calls) with three American friends, two are Democrats and one Republican and even he dislikes Trump big time. Their general view is that his tax cuts are loved by higher earners and the poor people are frightened by the threats to the American way of life that Donald spouts. He reminds me of Hitler, Adolph inspired a Jewish hatred which focused the German population, with Trump he's using immigration and middle east 'threats'

I can't vote tory or labour with Baby Bo and Jerry at the helm of their respective parties so its Plaid Cymru for me :) The UK is really in political limbo and we've become the laughing stock of Europe.

I'm not simply looking at his economic policies but I am looking at his social policies which by no stretch of the imagination can be considered positive in a good way for the USA. I speak on avery regular basis (video calls) with three American friends, two are Democrats and one Republican and even he dislikes Trump big time. Their general view is that his tax cuts are loved by higher earners and the poor people are frightened by the threats to the American way of life that Donald spouts. He reminds me of Hitler, Adolph inspired a Jewish hatred which focused the German population, with Trump he's using immigration and middle east 'threats'

I can't vote tory or labour with Baby Bo and Jerry at the helm of their respective parties so its Plaid Cymru for me :) The UK is really in political limbo and we've become the laughing stock of Europe.
The Donald is playing it straight from the 'Evil Dictator' playbook. Give the prols the promise of jobs and a 'them' to rally against while keeping the 'elite' sweet with tax breaks and a grateful work force. "Make America Great Again".... not sure how you would define "great" (a clever move, different things to different people) but its not like the US has turned into a "shitehole" country. There is a lot of dangerous rhetoric getting thrown about, at best, its ignorant, what scares me is its intentional and pandering to racists as part of his next campaign. Saying offensive and racist things to try and win votes is a cynical and horrible thing, it says something when you hope that the POTUS is ignorant rather than willing to pander to such a low denominator to get another 4 years in power.

As for our little corner of heaven, I've been spoiling my ballot for years, voted Labour last time as they were the only challenge to the SNP in my area but I feel totally disconnected from all the party's even more so after parliament went out of their way to make Brexit nigh on impossible to accomplish despite the people getting a rare chance to give parliament clear instruction on what they wanted (even if I did want to remain).

Harry Palmer

Very Addicted
This clip is from a film but I the sentiments involved and the truth it speaks, if you've not seen it folks then stick with it all the way through.

Ystranc

We just had a by election here, like Harry Palmer (Bob) I could not vote for either Tory or Labour, while the Welsh Lib Dems don't really represent my views in all matters they were close enough.
The Conservatives really pushed the boat out supporting their man but they lost a chunk of their natural voters to the Brexit party (as did Labour). In actual fact not many switched from Conservative to the LibDems but I did because there was no way I was voting for Chris Davies after he was convicted of falsifying receipts. I won't vote for Boris for a similar reason, he has proved time and time again to be an outright liar...I couldn't trust him, that is a big issue for me.