• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

October Scotland trip 2021

All the diesel pumps on the local petrol stations are empty now..:thumbsdown:...it may be sorted out in some places but I have my doubts as to how reliable nation wide supply will be in the near future.

I think there is an additional qualification needed to drive fuel trucks which is why they are such a problem.

I think there is an additional qualification needed to drive fuel trucks which is why they are such a problem.

Absolutely right Mike.....the training needed won't happen over night ๐Ÿ™„
Potential drivers with min of 2 years HGV experience will have to attend and complete a 3/4 day course apparently... . If we can find the drivers.

Last edited:
You just never know :D.......so we have prepared anyway for the worst.
The camper is not a 4x4 unfortunately and is a front wheel drive..... so we thought we would invest in a little help for if the conditions get a bit wintery while we are there.....or getting there.
Had a look around at some various makes and ended up buying these.

Easy on and off.....and might help get us out of a situation one day.

Not long now :)

One more sleep and then we are off.....first stop will be in the"Lake District" for an overnight and then on to "North Ledaig"after a good and leisurely breakfast the following morning. :)
We will be in no rush at all to get anywhere....most of the kit is now in the van so it will be up up and away in the morning without too much fuss.

Little bit of foraging to do today.... and some admin.

We are lucky that the on site shop is very well stocked and the other facilities appear to be spot on.

"Eddie" has had his shower....been groomed.... and smelling much nicer for his Holiday adventure. :D

Arrived at North Ladaig.....Nice drive up....only a few showers as we got closer.
All services plugged in.....now sat relaxing.
Got a lovely front row pitch.....stormy at the moment....rain and strong winds.....the Loch is quite choppy.. .......love iiiiiiit ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

Room with a view ๐Ÿ˜

Attachments

• 20211021_164534.jpg
    20211021_164534.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 20211021_164511.jpg
    20211021_164511.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 80
Back