• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

October Scotland trip 2021

Lovely day....in Oban for coffee and lunch.

20211024_131706.jpg

ALL Aboared ......Fort William Jacobite train.
Nice drive to get here easy parking.

Not seen head nor hair of this Potter bloke though.

Attachments

• 20211025_093622.jpg
    20211025_093622.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 20211025_093600.jpg
    20211025_093600.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 70
Bloody train has broken down 🀣🀣
Sending a Diesel to rescue the old girl.....40 minute wait for it to arrive.......or so they say πŸ™„πŸ€£........Good job we are in no rush.

Thinking of moving on to Gretna Green tomorrow for a few days.
Via the Geen Wellie Shop for a nice full English breakfast.....top up the fuel tank..... and a bit of shopping.

The train that towed the steam engine home yesterday was named....Loch Arcaig.....brought some fond memories flooding back.πŸ˜„

I will say Mark.....without exception. .......the food we have eaten here in Scotland knocks most English grub to the back of the queue πŸ˜€

I will say Mark.....without exception. .......the food we have eaten here in Scotland knocks most English grub to the back of the queue πŸ˜€

Different venue always adds to the taste buddy, we’ve been in a few restaurants in England and thought they where miles better than the ones up here … tho I am easily pleased so a bugger van is fine dining to me πŸ˜‚

Nice drive to Gretna Green lovely scenery.
Roads had lots of surface water on them so we kept the speed down to warp factor 4.
Now pitched and settled at the site.
Nice hotel next door to the site.....paying a visit for something to eat and a beverage or three.
Off exploring tomorrow.
Strong winds again.....but no rain at the moment.
The van has done us proud thus far not missed a beat.......bugger......wonder if I should have said that now πŸ€”πŸ€£

Gretna Green was so worth the visit......the history of it........and the small Museum.....is amazing.
There was a wedding taking place while we were there.

Back home now after a 9 1/2 hr drive from Gretna........traffic and breakdowns all the way home :D.......not us though thankfully.......the van never missed a beat.

Plans in the making for future trips :)

Happy days.

Back