• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Off roading..

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
Taking advantage of the warm sunshine and dry paths I did an 'off road ' circuit of the local woodland today. Walking on level tarmac is relatively easy but sloping and rough ground needs a lot more practice, so brew kit in Haversack I went for a wander.

Even this long gentle slope is a challenge.

DSC00373.JPG

Down at the lakeside things get easier.

DSC00377.JPG

A victim of the strong Easterly winds we experienced recently.

DSC00378.JPG

The water from the heavy rains that the folk further inland suffered recently has found it's way down to the lake and the overflow Cill is noisey with the rush of water.
DSC00380.JPG

But the strong flow is good for the Reed beds, it clears a lot of the debris and makes life easier for the Water Fowl that live and feed in the Reeds.
DSC00382.JPG

One of my favourite Beeches, complete withy Bracket fungus. Many years ago she dropped a bough which was caught by a neighbouring Beech and now hangs decaying in the upper branches.
DSC00386.JPG

DSC00383.JPG

DSC00384.JPG

A chance to try using the different method of Gel fuel in the little BCB cooker.
DSC00391.JPG

Oh! No! They heard me open the biscuits....:D

DSC00375.JPG
DSC00374.JPG

Heading home, Hazel Catkins hanging like golden candles in the sunshine.

DSC00393.JPG

These flowers were laid here in the past couple of days. I wonder, in memory of a dead four legged friend that once enjoyed runs in this wood
perhaps?
DSC00387.JPG

The view is across the valley, coming to life in the Spring sunshine. Not a bad place to be remembered I would say.

DSC00389.JPG

Out of the wood and back on the level path and home past the wild flower bank.
DSC00379.JPG

:)

Back