• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Old but bold

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
I mean both me and the DPM parka , in the eighties these were Gucci kit and served others well during the Falklands conflict , it still amazes me the poor quality of the kit our lads had down in the South Atlantic .

Anyway hats off to the combat parka 🙌

Anyone remember them ? Still got one ?

They soaked up rain like blotting paper. The quality of Falklands issue kit amazes me to, a lot of it was utter carp IMHO. SAS got goretex the pongo's got those smocks...poor buggers.

I remember them but never had one. I always thought they looked a bit 'modish'.

Certainly the new navy (well 10 years old or so) foulies are pretty good and miles better than the old stuff.

Remembered so well, so were the Danish combat boots I managed to aquire. DMS were the worst thing the British army ever issued

Remembered so well, so were the Danish combat boots I managed to aquire. DMS were the worst thing the British army ever issued

I've got a couple pairs of the issue Haix boots and I love them, chalk and cheese from DMS and miles better than high legs too, at least for my feet.

I've got a couple pairs of the issue Haix boots and I love them, chalk and cheese from DMS and miles better than high legs too, at least for my feet.
You were probably better of in bare feet than in DMS

I have some hiax too , I was lucky when I joined they had got rid of DMS ....

I have some hiax too , I was lucky when I joined they had got rid of DMS ....

I left 5 years ago but 'I gotta guy....' and was generously gifted a couple pairs. Probably the best boots I've had.

I left 5 years ago but 'I gotta guy....' and was generously gifted a couple pairs. Probably the best boots I've had.
We had high tops after the DMS but to be honest they weren't much better. My Danish boots like the |Dutch issue were double lined and water proof

Back