• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Old triangia gear?

ReubenBushcraft

Quite Addicted
So today we were in an army surplus store and saw a piece of old triangia gear. It uses meths cooker, and has like a billy can, frying pan and plate which all look like the crusader cup but bigger. It also comes with a windsheild. Does any know what it is, and for £20 is it a good buy?

Sounds like a swedish army trangia.A good bit of kit that can be used as a wood burner too,I find them a bit heavy but lot's of people like them as they can be used with a meths burner,as a wood burner or even over an open fire.

Old Trangia stoves are very good. It was made for the army, as sapper said. What I don't like about the whole sistem, is that is kinda heavy. A friend of mind has one and I had the chance to use it. Actually, the one that my friend has it is a Svea, not a Trangia, but they are the same. Both are swedish army cooking systems. Only the name differs. It is the same as this one: http://www.factsurplus.co.uk/images/10430b_orig.jpg

I have a Swedish Army Trangia and it is currently my primary cooking kit, when camping out.

It can be used with a meths burner (although the burner it comes with is lees fuel efficient than a modern burner and it doesn't have a simmer ring) hexi tabs and gel fuel (all you need to do is make a fuel plate for them to sit on, I use the top of a can, with the rim left on) and you can use it as a billy over an open fire.

It is handy for heating up ration packs and wayfarer pouches, canned meals and making a brew.

People do say they are heavy and I think it does weigh in heavier than the modern Trangia 27 - 2 UL, but to be honest, I've never really been conscious of the weight of it as I find it very packable.

But if you are bothered by the weight issue, you can get an aluminium version.

£20 does sound a tad expensive. you might want to shop around for a better price, like those here

ALUMINUM SWEDISH ARMY TRANGIA STOVE £7.50

STAINLESS STEEL SWEDISH ARMY TRANGIA STOVE £14.99

*Both of the above have a fixed delivery charge of £7 (so it might be worth buying some other stuff, if you buy from here, I always do)

Trangia Military Issue. Swedish. 5 Piece Set.
Grade 2 Grade 1/+ Un-Used / perfect
£5.95 Fr. £7.95 Fr. £12.95

Standard Royal Mail delivery charge applies.

Happy shopping :)

Back