• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Older mini maglite

Manthing

Administrator
Staff member
Hi folks
Got an older mini mag and I think thers a bit missing.
Swapped the bulb out for an led a couple of years ago and a base button, it worked for a while. Then I swapped the batteries and it's stopped lighting up.
Should there be a clip or spring at the front end of the battery tube? Can't see how the nipple on the + end of the battery connects to anything. 20221105_083445.jpg

Not a very good image but the best I could get.
20221105_084101.jpg
It could be that the led has failed.
Would it be easier just to by a new minimag?
TIA peeps

I’m not sure if there should be something from the bulb to the battery,but I would imagine there has to be some kind of connection, try some tinfoil folded up to connect the battery to the nip on the light end so when it’s screwed in that should let you know if something is missing…

They were always a bit twitchy, I’ve had similar issues with them in the past, gave up on them and bought a few LED Lensor T7s. They must be good because the Mrs always tends to grab one of those if she’s checking on the hens after dark. I just hope the Mrs never finds out how much they were.

Last edited:
Back