• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

OMG!

Big Red

Quite Addicted
Went fishing with my best buddy yesterday, targeting big Wrasse, at a tricky but stunning mark along the South Devon coast. We caught plenty of Wrasse, nothing over 3lb, a couple of Dogs and some Garfish. But we were stunned, gobsmacked, speechless, amazed, privileged to witness probably the most amazing, natural, spectacle I have ever seen in the U.K.! Huge Bluefine Tuna smashing into Mackerel, some just 100 meters away, they were leaving the water totally, giving us an amazing view of these amazing creatures. They left us speechless. But try and get a pic, bloody impossible, but here is one of the beautiful Ballans I landed, and a borrowed pic of a BFT taken off Plymouth.
42099A5E-0405-41E9-9972-22EF2AE32BB5.jpeg
9868B867-C6D0-44E5-A350-A53BD9FBB1A6.jpeg

What a great session nice varied species....must have been amazing watching the BFT.
If a boat got towed around for 12 miles.......imagine how far you would go fishing from a SOT Kayak :eek:........be like sitting on a jet ski......what a ride :rofl:

What a great session nice varied species....must have been amazing watching the BFT.
If a boat got towed around for 12 miles.......imagine how far you would go fishing from a SOT Kayak :eek:........be like sitting on a jet ski......what a ride :rofl:
Actually toying with the idea of getting a SOT, even for getting to some of the more difficult little coves to fish. 🤔

Go for it mate.....they are great fun to fish from and will get you to places the boats cant reach.
Had a few over the years gone by.....all time favourite was/is the Ocean Kayak Scrambler XT ( Still have it )......closely followed by the Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 which is also a brilliant boat.

Does this wet your appetite? :rofl:

Back