• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

One Man's Wilderness by Sam Keith

David Day

Slightly Addicted
51W1bzFO9aL._SX345_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

To live in a pristine land unchanged by man...to roam a wilderness through which few other humans have passed...to choose an idyllic site, fell trees, and build a log cabin...to be a self-sufficient craftsman...to be content with your own thoughts and company...Thousands have such dreams. Few realise them. This is the inspiring true tale of one man's journey to leave the rat race and live a simpler life in the wilderness. Using journals, photographs, and a first-hand knowledge of his subject, Sam Keith has woven a tribute to a man who carved his dreams out of the Alaskan wilderness.

I bought this after watching the documentary (for the dozenth time) and it finally arrived on Saturday.
I'm already 3 quarters of the way through and I cant praise this book enough!
If your a fan of the documentary, this book completely fleshes it out adding depth and insight.

If you get chance I highly recommend it, my copies already reserved for father and big sister after this :D

Very tempted to get the follow up book!

Just sent the Amazon link to the wife’y with a txt saying, I must have 😂😂 here’s hoping there’s plenty ov pictures 😁 you never know if I stare at the words long enough I might learn to read 🤷🏼‍♂️

Ive had to order the second one from the USA, it worked out £20 cheaper!

I finished reading this last night and can honestly say its one of the best books I've read in my adult life, a truly fantastic insight into the life of someone who went out to live his dream of building a home in the Alaskan wilderness and be closer to nature.
Very easy to read and enjoyable from he first page to the last, a great companion piece to the documentary.

On a side note, if anyone wants to watch the documentary and is having difficulty locating it, drop me a PM and I can help out :)

Back